Shortcuts

My 1 month IPOD acting up.

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
salcha00 Posted: Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:12 PM

I bought an Ipod touch a month ago, but recently is acting up on me. For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth, and the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

I am very disappointed with the Ipod, it can't even play Flash.   Like it successor the Ipad.

I just want to warm anyone that is thinking on getting these devices.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,490
Points 47,190
ForumsAdministrator

Is it still under warranty?

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Points 590

My iPod has never told me to reconnect to iTunes, but then again my iPod is never turned off. You should probably contact Apple support, since it should still be under warranty.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

salcha00:
For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth

The iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth.

salcha00:
the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

That seems odd. If that is a common issue back up your apps to your computer and do the restore function in Itunes. It will reset the iPod to factory defaults.

salcha00:
I am very disappointed with the Ipod, it can't even play Flash.   Like it successor the Ipad.

I think the iPad not having flash is a huge downside, but the touch's screen is so small what is the point. I am sure there is a use, but I honestly don't miss it.

salcha00:

I have one and love it. It has it's downsides. If you want a solid music player and that's it then there are better options for cheaper with more space. If you want a fun toy to put lots of games and time wasters on then the touch is great.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,922
Points 24,695
digitaldd replied on Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:10 AM

bob_on_the_cob:

salcha00:
For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth

The iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth.

Mine does. its a 2nd gen FWIW. Does bluetooth audio but can't synch or share internet via bluetooth that would be cool to pair with your cell phone. my phone however can be turned into a wifi hotspot so that problem is solved for me anyway. ;)

bob_on_the_cob:

salcha00:
the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

That seems odd. If that is a common issue back up your apps to your computer and do the restore function in Itunes. It will reset the iPod to factory defaults.

I've never seen that behavior either but mine often losses my music until I resynch it with Itunes.

bob_on_the_cob:

salcha00:

I have one and love it. It has it's downsides. If you want a solid music player and that's it then there are better options for cheaper with more space. If you want a fun toy to put lots of games and time wasters on then the touch is great.

I like mine but I really would love one with a screen about halfway in between the Touch's 3 inch and the iPads 10 inch. 6 inch would be perfect for me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS