Corsair's Latest Flash Voyager Mini Packs 32GB

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,525
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:24 AM
Corsair says that "big things do come in small packages," and while we know nothing about undersized packages, we can see why Corsair is prone to brag. After all, they've just crammed 32GB of capacity into a flash drive hardly bigger than a quarter.

The 32GB Flash Voyager Mini USB flash drive is Corsair's largest capacity yet in that particularly lineup, with other models checking in at 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB. Like the others, the 32GB variant boasts a cap-less retractable USB connector that you flick open with your thumb, just the way the cool kids do it. And with 32GB, Corsair says you can store up to 9,000 6-megapixel pictures, or over 140 hours of MEPG-4 video.

The new drive is available now for about $100 street.

Big Things Do Come in Small Packages — Corsair® Announces 32GB Flash Voyager® Mini

- Popular compact USBFlash Drive now available with 32GB capacity –

FREMONT, California, March 24, 2010Corsair,a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products,today announced the addition of a 32GB model to its award-winning Flash VoyagerMini line of USB flash drives. The increased capacity allows a huge number ofmovies, music, photos and personal documents to be stored in a format that’sone third the size of typical USB Flash drives.

“USB flash drive users love the convenience and ruggednessof the Flash Voyager Mini form factor,” stated John Beekley, VP of TechnicalMarketing at Corsair. “The increase in density to 32GB allows users to carrytheir digital world with them at all times on this compact drive.”

The Flash Voyager Mini utilizes a cap-less retractable USBconnector, which easily opens with the flick of the thumb, and its diminutivesize makes it easy to carry virtually anywhere. The rubberized housing is alsodurable, making it an ideal flash drive for users with busy and activelifestyles.

The 32GB Flash Voyager Mini is available immediately fromCorsair's authorized distributors and resellers worldwide. Complete customersupport via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Xpress is also available.

More information about the 32GB Corsair Flash Voyager Miniand the rest of the Flash Voyager Mini line can be found at corsair.com/products/voyagermini.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

See there, Kinda makes that USB 3.0 drive kinda questionable. Since all flash drives are SSD. At a fraction of the cost to boot.

Now they just need to make something like this with a HDMI connector so it can be a plug and play media drive :O

Plus I love MY Corsair's!!

Just have to really keep track of it, and make sure the dog doesn't eat it :P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 163
Points 2,240
Kyouya replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:14 PM

Doesn't really say much about what USB it supports and the pricing of the product. It's probably over 100 bucks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,838
Points 45,830
rapid1 replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:45 PM

I agree Kyouya, but it would make sense. I think USB 3 is actually going to have a large impact on the market. A top end provider of equipment like Corsair at this time would be likely to offer this with USB3 availability. Either way this is a nice device, and shows basically that Mobility is becoming more and more of a priority!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:57 PM

I bought my first jump drive the Corsair 2GB Voyager 3 years ago because of their stellar reputation in the memory market. Needless to say I still am using that 2GB jump drive today and its holding up great. I am glad to see them making smaller drives and bigger capacity. Lots of people complained about losing the cap but I have never lost mine, you just have to make conscious effort to watch where you place things.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:06 PM

Finally, in the easy-to-swallow form-factor that everyone needs!

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

^ROFL!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:31 PM

LOL 3vi1! :)

Kyouya it is about 100 :) it says so in the article :P.

La_Guy

Im using a 8GB PNY drive and it works for the stuff i need it for :). As for caps... i have lost i think 2 that were for 1gb ones :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:30 PM

Currently $80 on Amazon.

animatortom:

See there, Kinda makes that USB 3.0 drive kinda questionable. Since all flash drives are SSD. At a fraction of the cost to boot.

Now they just need to make something like this with a HDMI connector so it can be a plug and play media drive :O

Plus I love MY Corsair's!!

Just have to really keep track of it, and make sure the dog doesn't eat it :P

That is what the Western Digital TV media player is for. Though I think there are some TVs that have something like that already built in with a USB port to connect to.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 105
Points 960
Zestia replied on Fri, Mar 26 2010 11:41 AM

Corsair's website has them listed as USB 2.0. I'm sure, however, that 3.0 can't be far off.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS