T-Mobile To Launch HTC HD2 Next Week For $200

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,792
Points 1,163,015
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:16 PM
T-Mobile has officially announced the release details for the upcoming HTC HD2 smartphone. You can expect the HD2 to be available Wednesday, March 24 for $199.99 with a two-year contract. It will also be available without the two-year contract on an Even More Plus service plan for $449.99.

The HD2 boasts of a 4.3-inch capacitive, high-resolution touchscreen display. It is powered by a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon mobile processor and runs HTC’s Sense user interface on top of Windows Mobile 6.5. The phone also has a 5 megapixel camera, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, and easy access to social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Other new features include a Blockbuster application that allows users to download and purchase or rent movies over Wi-Fi for prices starting at $4.99. The phone has a pre-installed 16GB microSD card for storing these films. The T-Mobile HTC HD2 will also come with a new Barnes & Noble eBook reader and the latest version of MobiTV.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,816
Points 45,645
rapid1 replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:34 PM

Weird Verizon has had this phone for some time I am pretty sure. I was thinking about upgrading to it if it's the same as the HTC Touch Pro 2, which is what it looks like. This may be a newer version of it though I guess.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

VZW does not have this phone. T-Mobile is the first and only to provide the HD2. The HD2 has a 4.3" screen the TP2 has a 3.6" screen. The HD2 is worlds apart from the TP2 and anything thing out there right now.

The TP2 also has a slide out qwerty keypad, the HD2 is a full capacitive mult-touch screen phone.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:56 AM

rapid1:

Weird Verizon has had this phone for some time I am pretty sure. I was thinking about upgrading to it if it's the same as the HTC Touch Pro 2, which is what it looks like. This may be a newer version of it though I guess.

Touch Pro 2 has a physical keyboard  this does not. HD2 has a 1ghz Snapdragon CPU, Touch Pro 2 has a 528mhz Qualcomm one. many more differences including O/S, TP2 comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 [I think AT&T's version of the TP2 came with 6.5 stock], and of course the HD2 has WM 6.5 and the updated HTC Sense UI/TouchFLO or whatever you wanna call it. Basically the HD2 is the new god phone for the next month or so..

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,816
Points 45,645
rapid1 replied on Fri, Mar 19 2010 1:03 AM

Sounds like it thanks for the detail on the specs digitaldd. That sounds nice, although I ma hearing more rumors as to the top dog (iPhone), at least in popularity in the US coming to Verizon again. These rumors were much more specific though, and while are on the iPhone 4, it is rumored it is already made on the 3.1 platform with a CDMA antennae rather than a GMA one, although not available in the US.

The rumor is it will hit Verizon in June (mid to late) from what I heard, and in the way it is put it makes a lot of sense. They supposedly don't want to hurt Apples business by releasing the release to the public and therefore inhibiting the current Apple product in selling well as it still is. So there will be at best a weeks notice before it hit's.

I don't know how true all this is, but I was also reading something on a Korean (translated) companies website who makes some of the iPhones. They were saying it is true, and is currently being worked on. We will see, but it sounds much more detailed than anything I have heard before, especially coming from a company supposedly making them (Even more so because of it's location).

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:45 AM

I really don't know about the iPhone to Verizon rumors that keep surfacing, I think the rumors keep coming because the folks who love the iPhone really wish it were on Verizon's network, I have a strong suspicion that those same people wouldn't pay Verizon's prices for unlimited data/voice/text. I believe that Foxconn is the company that manufactures the iPhone for Apple, funny thing is I rarely know what to trust from the rumor sites these days, especially the Apple ones.

Apple could very well stick with AT&T since they are putting tons of money into their network, the folks at SXSW this year in Austin didn't have any issues with AT&Ts network, I've also heard AT&T improved their service in Wash DC and LA, they need to work on NY & SF and some other large cities but the key is they are improving.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

This is the one I have been waiting for! I just wish it was availible for Sprint? THis should rival the Iphone.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Sun, Mar 21 2010 3:10 PM

animatortom:

This is the one I have been waiting for! I just wish it was availible for Sprint? THis should rival the Iphone.

There is a slightly smaller version of the HD2 called the MiniHD or something similar that is coming to Sprint.

• Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS