Need a few motherboard standoffs

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 158
Points 1,735
Nethersprite Posted: Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:36 PM

Hi guys,

I got a Thermaltake Armor case from a buddy/classmate of mine who no longer needed it (he had gotten an Antec 1200). However, the case only came with one motherboard standoff. No problem, I tell myself, I've got tons of those! But boy was there a problem. When I used my own standoffs, I realized they were a good 2mm too short! Tongue Tied My I/O ports barely make it into the I/O shield, and I can't even plug in any PCI cards all the way. Super Angry

It seems, then, that the Thermaltake Armor uses nonstandard standoffs. I measured the one standoff I luckily had and saw that it is precisely 1cm tall (not counting the screw threading, which adds 4mm). So, does anyone have any standoffs like this lying around? I really don't care about thickness or material, or even if they're all different, I'm just looking for the right size. I would ideally need 9 to fully mount an ATX motherboard, but whatever you got that you don't need is just fine.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 227
Points 3,660
transam02 replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 11:24 PM

Sorry I dont have any laying around. But you might try directron they usually carry different sizes of standoffs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:04 PM

So you are looking for a 1cm tall motherboard standoff? I'll measure the size of mine once I find a ruler.

Did that buddy/classmate just keep on the standoffs? Was he just using one when he had that case? He shouldn't need them if he got a brand new case as that should have came with it.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS