NVIDIA ION 2 Preview, Optimus Enabled

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,115
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:43 AM

Ever since NVIDIA's original ION chipset proved it was possible to pair Intel's low-power Atom processor to a relatively powerful graphics core and attain acceptable multimedia performance, the market has been curious as to what NVIDIA's Ion 2 Next-Generation Ion product might offer. This has also been a topic of some discussion between Intel, NVIDIA, and the FTC. Because Intel's next-generation Atom platform is a system-on-chip (SoC), NVIDIA had to adjust its own plans for NG-Ion.

NVIDIA ION 2 Preview, Optimus Enabled

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:13 PM

This growth of the Nvidia platform seems very good for the netbook. I don't know how good it is for the Nettop all in one systems really, as there screens are much larger, so it will therefore be stressed much harder. I am still kind of at a loss on these units, and the GPU used in the M11x. This is because if it can run in a sub 1000 laptop it should be fine in a always plugged in counter top unit, and the graphics performance especially with Optimus would be far better, although that to seems unneeded in this platform. As for a Netbook or even a UL Notebook, I think it would do a good bit.

Either way in general this iteration of this component seems to gain a good bit over it's predecessor, and of course well over the Intel integrated platform.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS