HotHardware and TechVi Video Podcast - Feb. 26, 2010

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,733
Points 1,209,535
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:43 PM

HotHardware and TechVi Video Podcast - Feb. 19, 2010We are back again this week to talk about some more HotHardware with our friends at TechVi, including a new, affordable CULV notebook from Sony, AMD's upcoming 8 and 12-core processors, the FBI's investigation of school officials spying on a student via webcam, and the just released ATI Radeon HD 5830 graphics card...

Show Notes:
0:20 - AMD Now Shipping 8, 12-core Processors To Early Customers, OEMs
2:49 - Sony VAIO Y Series Notebook Review
4:30 - FBI Investigating High Schools Alleged Webcam Spying
7:01 - ATI Radeon HD 5830 Review: Filling The Gap
8:20 - Showing The Love: HH and Cyberpower PC Sweepstakes

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Great interview guys! Dave, really enjoyed the explanation of the processor core battle! Your comfort level in front of the camera (webcam rather) has increased substantially from a couple of months ago.

The High school webcam story, I think that's the first time I've seen a diversion from covering strictly tech topics, it was a good addition. Will we be seeing more of those in future TechVi podcasts?

Hmmm...I just realized that HotHardware is a good tongue twister...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Fri, Feb 26 2010 9:00 PM

The ATI cards are looking good, but at this point I would just wait for the next gen nVidia cards - if only to snag an ATI when the prices drop.

I like the markers showing where each topic is discussed.  Nice addition.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 26 2010 9:08 PM

3vi1 those are in every podcast i have seen here... :D

Yep that was a great interview like always, Its always informational and interesting to listen to.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Fri, Feb 26 2010 10:39 PM

Those markers have been there in the other podcasts too, and if you scroll over the round thingies, a link will pop up to the HotHardware article that pertains to it. Nicely integrated.

With the Nvidia card release so close, I'd have to agree about waiting on ATI cards if you're in the market for one. Also, going with past experiences, I'm expecting that the Nvidia cards will be priced out of most people's budget when they're released. Though the "wait for the next gen" argument can be used with any computer tech.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,690
Points 55,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:28 PM

Thanks Gibbs. It took us a bit to get the flow down more than anything. Since webcams don't do "full-duplex" conversations as well as being together in a room, you have to make breaks in the conversation to allow others to interject. We're getting the hang of it now for sure.

Yes, we'll be covering basically any full review content or news content that we think folks will care about in these webcasts. So pretty much anything goes! :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:39 PM

GREAT to hear Dave, i'll be waiting to watch future videos (its every week right?)

@gibbersome i just found out today watching this video that those marks are from the comments xD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Feb 27 2010 9:19 AM

I've watched all the others as they were released, just guess I never went back to replay a section and notice the markers.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS