HotHardware and Origin New Year's Sweepstakes! Win A New Rig!

This post has 644 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:23 PM

I was really hoping to win this one.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:28 PM

Still 1 hr 30 mins til midnight here in Texas. 3hrs 30 minutes to midnight out in California :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:43 PM

very true I did not know what there time zone was I had figured PST but looked Daves profile last night and it said he's definitely not West coast then I was confused as to what time zone they were in exactly. Guess I should not have stopped posting.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Points 2,095
RA1D replied on Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:44 PM

Although only one person can win the Origin rig, there's another contest starting up for February!

Intel 920 / Rampage II Extreme / Dominator 6GB DDR3-1600 / Gigabyte SuperOC 5870  / Torqx 128GB

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:49 PM

The winner has been announced!

http://hothardware.com/News/HotHardware-and-Origin-New-Years-Sweepstakes-Winner

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 123
Points 1,695

I really miss this thread. I have such fond memories of coming home from work and seeing what everyone had to say. Well til the next one, and then we should go for 600+ posts.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 60

Nice!...good luck to everyone :)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 60

CONGRATULATIONS GIBBERSOME!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Papa_Doc:

CONGRATULATIONS GIBBERSOME!!!!

THank you Papa_doc! Welcome to the forums!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

man... that is an amazing set up right there.

I didn't even know this site existed until i saw this ad lol

this is definitely my new favorite site for computer parts.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

suprasonic:

man... that is an amazing set up right there.

I didn't even know this site existed until i saw this ad lol

this is definitely my new favorite site for computer parts.

Hehe, welcome to HotHardware suprasonic. They do these giveaways every so often, I was lucky to win this one.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:15 PM

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:45 AM

Marco,....You Da Man!!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,690
Points 55,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:02 AM

Psst!!!! New contest is up and live baby! Big Smile

Showing The Love: HH and Cyberpower PC Sweepstakes

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
ozzipnarf replied on Wed, Feb 17 2010 6:55 AM

oops. a day late and a dollar short. thats me. i thought i might have a chance towin an awesome new computer. it is what i need. my box is slowing down every day but what the hey it works. i am new to Hot Wardware and so far it is a great site and community to be a part of. Hi to everyone and good luck. Thanks for having me as a member...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 656
Points 5,955
mhenriday replied on Wed, Feb 17 2010 7:13 AM

Welcome to the forum, ozzipnarf ! It's a worthwhile guide to new hardware, even for people like myself who due to their respective places of residence miss the chance to participate in the HH sweepstakes (we do get to droll, however !)....

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil Indifferent [:|] replied on Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:02 AM

There is a contest going on right now,.................It's right here,..........Big Smile

This computer is another awesome machine that would make anybody a great gaming box. They have contests such as this one all of the time on this site.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:54 AM

ozzipnarf:

oops. a day late and a dollar short. thats me. i thought i might have a chance towin an awesome new computer. it is what i need. my box is slowing down every day but what the hey it works. i am new to Hot Wardware and so far it is a great site and community to be a part of. Hi to everyone and good luck. Thanks for having me as a member...

Don't worry bud, you're right on time. Follow the link above from realneil to enter the contest that started just a few days ago!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

The Origins PC is finally here!!! Unfortunately I'm stuck at school until my exam ends late tonight... Oh cruel fate, why must thee torture me!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 7:26 PM

OMG PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D lol, if you haven't opened it yet go grab a camera and record it! :D lol

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
chobbes replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:50 PM

I want to win. Yaaaaaayyyy!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:06 PM

this contest is already over YAAAAAAAY??? :D lol

the new one is up though

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:33 PM

Okay, the moment everyone has been waiting for...is here! Did the unboxing today with the help of a couple of friends. Lots of "ooohs" and "aaahs" to go around!

The box when it first arrived. A few scuffs, but otherwise in good shape.

Close up of the "Origin" logo.

Opened up the top, and found a really nice surprise! An Origins T-shirt!

More surprises inside. A smaller box with cables, tons of extra screws, an Origin DVD, and Windows 7 license...and of course the box that the fabled TWKR came in!

But that didn't prepare us for what came next....

Upon removing the foam we saw the entire case was covered in a black suede-satin material. It's at this point we all realized that we were about to open something really special.

We also had a dilemma when we removed the packaging foam from the top. There was no easy way to lift the case out of the box without removing the covering and getting our fingerprints all over it. Then my friend suggested we cut away the base of the box and simply lift it over the case...which is what we did...

And voila, this is already the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life...and we haven't even taken off the covering yet! Displayed is the case along with the box it came in!

Close up of the case, awe-inspiring and gorgeous at the same time!

More to follow as soon as I get more pics uploaded!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:45 PM

OMG SEXY! Origin is waring a shirt :D lol

MORE MORE MORE!!!

PS: im getting so excited just looking at these pics and waiting for you to post more! Is my room getting hot or am i just that excited? :( still wish i could of gotten it xD and since you got the rig can i get the shirt? LOL

PSPS:This beast needs its own thread GIBBERSOME!

PSPSPS:Hey Dave and Marco are you guys going to have another origin sweepstakes? :D Pretty Please?

lol

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator
Super Dave replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:01 PM

gibbersome:
More to follow as soon as I get more pics uploaded!

You're teasing us!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:09 PM

Hey gibbersome you have time to post but not upload more pics? xD lol jk

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:09 AM

Alrite guys...all those pics you saw of this beast previously...they simply don't do this computer justice. It is gorgeous, period! I just wish I had a camera that could capture what I'm seeing, but I will try anyway:

Side view as soon as we got the suede cover off!

From the front...so shiny!

Other side view! Look at the reflection of the hardwood floors!

Another front view, note the hardwood floors again!

Back view, more ports than I know what to do with! There is an outlet at the bottom, but its covered up with the packaging foam.

During shipping, one of the stands came off. This is after it was screwed back in. It's at this point that I realized that I could get some better shots of the paint job, some that really pop out! Enjoy...

One side.

Other side, the paint job is simply magnificent!

The front!

Another full frontal!

I am already completely heads over heels for this system, and I haven't even turned it on yet! Origins Richard contacted me yesterday advising that I open up and check out that nothing was misplaced during shipping. One of my friends "volunteered" to come over tomorrow morning and help me do a once-over...lol. My girl friend will also be coming over...it might be a small party. Then we'll be hooking this baby up to a 32" TV and possibly playing Crysis till Monday!!

This system is a dream come true, I can't thank HotHardware and Origin PC enough!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:24 AM

Beautiful! im crying over her :( lol

Am i invited to the party? Smile

pics of inside anytime soon? :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:25 AM

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:35 AM

Inspector:

Haha, of course!! Pics of inside will follow tomorrow, this is going to be a 4-5 part series, lol. For now I gotta get some sleep, dropping someone off at the airport tomorrow at 5 am.

Everything about the unboxing and unveiling has had a mystic quality to it. It's all building up to the moment when I see what Mass Effect 2 looks like on max details. Oh yeah, update: we just had a little pow-wow and it was decided that Mass Effect 2 would take first honors instead of Crysis! As realneil said when he got his system, I can't wait to see what games are supposed to look like!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:52 AM

YEA! i get to play Mass Effect 2 on that baby! Address? lol Wink Its going to look like nothing u ever seen before :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 3:33 AM

Wow gibbersome all I can say, the paint alone! It reflects like the side of a freshly waxed car will do. I guess that stands to reason, as they do use auto paint with clear coat, but wow I've never seen one.  WOW!!!! Congrats again :)

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:50 AM

Gibbersome:

It is BITCHIN' to see what games are really supposed to look like!

The absolute and astounding difference is worth the wait.

By the way Gibb,....I just won another computer system, this one direct from from Intel.

(I can't believe my luck lately,.....really!)

This one is a Core i5-750 planted into an ASRock P55-Pro Mainboard with 8GB of DDR3-1600 and a Radeon 5850-1GB video card. It's in a CoolerMaster Centurion RC-590 case and has a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD burner too. It came with an Acer 22" Wide Screen and a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse. They also gave me three new games, GhostBusters, Operation Flashpoint, and Wolfenstein.

So I guess you could say that I'm set for computers for a while. Both the Core i5 and the Core i7 will do Blu-Ray movies and both are Rabid-Ass Gamers.

As before, I'm giving the 'old second gamer' (the one I just built) to someone in my family now, since I don't have the room or need for three gaming machines.

My son, Aaron, will get a AMD Phenom-II X-3 720, 8GB, DDR3-1600 RAM, Radeon HD4870, in a Centurion case. He doesn't even know about it, I'll just send it to him.

I was a little hesitant to post about this at first. Please consider me not in the running for future computer prizes on this forum. I'm full.

If I'm posting, it's just because I like it here and enjoy the interaction with the whole lot of you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:21 PM

WOW realneil, Congrats! :D Wish i had such luck! :(

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:41 PM

Inspector:

WOW realneil, Congrats! :D Wish i had such luck! :(

Thanks, I am lucky,....I know.                 It's a little funny to me that I've ended up with two Intel systems because I could never afford more than the AMD parts that were a whole lot cheaper. I only bought parts to build AMD systems and I really was happy with them too. (they work well)

These two Intel boxes are definitely the goods though. Now I have to figure out how to get a couple of SSD's to put the Win-7 system on for both of them and I'll be good to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:15 PM

gibbersome:

Inspector:

Haha, of course!! Pics of inside will follow tomorrow, this is going to be a 4-5 part series, lol. For now I gotta get some sleep, dropping someone off at the airport tomorrow at 5 am.

Everything about the unboxing and unveiling has had a mystic quality to it. It's all building up to the moment when I see what Mass Effect 2 looks like on max details. Oh yeah, update: we just had a little pow-wow and it was decided that Mass Effect 2 would take first honors instead of Crysis! As realneil said when he got his system, I can't wait to see what games are supposed to look like!

I never got the invite :( bet you already started the party :( *crys* :D

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:31 PM

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THAT'S A NICE RIG!

(Thanks for the pics.)

Congrats again, and same to realneil  as well.

...pending.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

realneil:

Gibbersome:

It is BITCHIN' to see what games are really supposed to look like!

The absolute and astounding difference is worth the wait.

By the way Gibb,....I just won another computer system, this one direct from from Intel.

(I can't believe my luck lately,.....really!)

This one is a Core i5-750 planted into an ASRock P55-Pro Mainboard with 8GB of DDR3-1600 and a Radeon 5850-1GB video card. It's in a CoolerMaster Centurion RC-590 case and has a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD burner too. It came with an Acer 22" Wide Screen and a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse. They also gave me three new games, GhostBusters, Operation Flashpoint, and Wolfenstein.

So I guess you could say that I'm set for computers for a while. Both the Core i5 and the Core i7 will do Blu-Ray movies and both are Rabid-Ass Gamers.

As before, I'm giving the 'old second gamer' (the one I just built) to someone in my family now, since I don't have the room or need for three gaming machines.

My son, Aaron, will get a AMD Phenom-II X-3 720, 8GB, DDR3-1600 RAM, Radeon HD4870, in a Centurion case. He doesn't even know about it, I'll just send it to him.

I was a little hesitant to post about this at first. Please consider me not in the running for future computer prizes on this forum. I'm full.

If I'm posting, it's just because I like it here and enjoy the interaction with the whole lot of you.

Congrats realneil! Haha, yeah, I think you can have a LAN party at home if you wanted! Awesome man, very happy for you! Smile

realneil:

Thanks, I am lucky,....I know.                 It's a little funny to me that I've ended up with two Intel systems because I could never afford more than the AMD parts that were a whole lot cheaper. I only bought parts to build AMD systems and I really was happy with them too. (they work well)

These two Intel boxes are definitely the goods though. Now I have to figure out how to get a couple of SSD's to put the Win-7 system on for both of them and I'll be good to go.

That's a great idea, especially considering that Newegg just dropped the price of the Intel X-25-M G2 80GB to $220!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167016&nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:28 PM

Got pics on the inside yet? :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Feb 20 2010 9:35 PM

Freakin' awesome!  That's one pretty system.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 15 of 17 (645 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > | RSS