Intel has done it again...

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550
mentaldisorder Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:42 AM

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kit-eaton/technomix/ftc-sues-intel-anticompetitive-tactics-more-big-fines-en-route

It would seem that Intel has backed themselves into another law suit.  Except, this is probably the worst of them all.  I wasn't aware of Intel being able to change around the code of (I'm assuming) software.  Not sure how they could even get someone in on that.  Well, lets see how it all shapes up, however I'm expecting a big win for the FTC.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:53 PM

Paying off your biggest competitor does not absolve you of crimes against a whole marketplace full of competitors and the consumers.

I'll bet Via, ARM, and others are happy...  but I doubt this will harm Intel much in the long run:  They already lost this case and had to pay up for the same actions in the EU, Korea, and Japan.  With the massive profits they made from their practices, they have the cash to pay... and their competitors are left wounded.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,687
Points 104,340
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:01 PM

That's right, the fact that they bought AMD out of the fray doesn't absolve them at all. Uncle Sugar wants his cut now.

One wonders if they'll ever learn, but then again, they can afford not to. The bottom line is that they really do make the best overall gear, so they don't really HAVE to screw everyone else in the market to succeed. They seem to just be fixated on driving up prices.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS