Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815
recoveringknowitall Posted: Fri, Oct 23 2009 6:41 PM
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Sheesh, the trailers keep getting better for this game.  This is a great time for the gaming industry, there are so mayn awesome games coming out in the coming months.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

mentaldisorder:

Sheesh, the trailers keep getting better for this game.  This is a great time for the gaming industry, there are so mayn awesome games coming out in the coming months.

I know. IDK what to buy. I really wanna get boarderlands or L4D2. IDK which. I was thinking about Modern Warefare 2, but no dedicated servers and $60. Forget that. I already have to buy a copy for me and Jen. $100 for a game is about my limit.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Borderlands does look pretty sick!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:37 PM

I just played through the L4D2 demo.  It's pretty good.... It didn't strike me as being wildly different from the first one though (which isn't a bad thing).

It seems to play fine under Wine 1.1.32 in Linux, with all effects turned to high and shaders at very high (I was playing in 1360x768 windowed mode).  I did notice a glitch where the sun and fire are occasionally being visible through walls, but it doesn't negatively affect gameplay.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:13 PM

The one thing I didn't buy in L4D2:  It's set in the deep south.  Try walking the streets of New Orleans and not getting a gun shoved to your head when you're *not* a zombie.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

lol

So 3vi1... are you gonna buy it, is it worth it?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 10:10 PM

recoveringknowitall:

lol

So 3vi1... are you gonna buy it, is it worth it?

If I were still a "gamer", yeah, I probably would.  I play so infrequently now though (it's not uncommon for me to get obsessed with a problem at work and not post here for two weeks) that I probably wont. 

I already own way too many games I can play for free if the mood strikes me... and I'm in one free beta test after another anyway...  so the next/only game I plan on paying for is the Star Trek MMORPG.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

3vi1:
If I were still a "gamer"

But I thought you owned every console or are those just/mainly for the kiddies?

bob_on_the_cob:
I already have to buy a copy for me and Jen.

Just noticed that part of your comment... at least you're honest and BUY the copies rather than pirate!Yes

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:37 PM

recoveringknowitall:

3vi1:
If I were still a "gamer"

But I thought you owned every console or are those just/mainly for the kiddies?

Nowadays it's mostly the kids playing.  Same with the arcade cabinet:  In the last few years I've probably spent more time hacking/experimenting on it than actually playing it.  If not for all the time I used to spend playing Pixel Junk Monsters, I would almost think I've spent more time using Linux on it than games too.

When I do have the time, I usually like experimenting with new betas or free games under Wine - to see if I can get them to work and/or filing bug reports (http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=19392).  I know it's weird... but that's sort of a fun game unto itself.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Not weird. Experimenting is a great way to learn and being knowledgable gives you the ability to help others!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

These games are not worth full retail imo.  I paid $20 last year on a Black Friday deal for the first one, and it's fun.  But I would never pay more than that.  I'll probably skip out on this one too unless it's ever really cheap ($10 maybe).

Hello

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:53 PM

Crisis Causer:

These games are not worth full retail imo.  I paid $20 last year on a Black Friday deal for the first one, and it's fun.  But I would never pay more than that.  I'll probably skip out on this one too unless it's ever really cheap ($10 maybe).

Yeah... I hadn't even noticed the $45 price (limited time offer, $50 normal).

For a digital download via Steam, I think that's a bit pricey.  The game's made by Valve... so it's not like they have any middlemen, yet they still charge like they do.

I think they sell it for that much just because they can.  That, or they have a lousy deal with the boxed-copy distributors that doesn't allow them to under-sell the boxes price.  Hopefully when demand drops off, and it's out of the stores, they'll lower the price to something more reasonable.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:13 PM

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

They usually have weekend sales that offer it at half price which is what I will be waiting for.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

I might do the same.

I played the demo and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't blown away or anything.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 355
Points 5,870
Riks replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:01 AM

got it yesterday it's pretty good, tho the ppl i was playin online with were crap at it.. it's fun running round smashing zombies with frying pans and guitars woot

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Riks:
got it yesterday

Me too... on sale for 37.49 on Steam! Not a huge savings, but worth it to me since I'll get plenty of hours out of it over the course of time.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS