iGo's New Transportable Outlet Lets You Charge Anywhere

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,844
Points 1,114,835
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 2 2009 5:19 PM
iGo unveiled a new travel-friendly charger called the iGoCharge Anywhere. This new charger has an internal battery that let you chargeyour devices in any location, even when an outlet is not available. Using iGo’sinterchangeable power tips, the iGo Charge Anywhere is compatible with nearlyevery mobile and gaming electronic device on the market.

The iGo Charge Anywhere lets you power two devicessimultaneously while also charging the unit's integrated battery to use whenaway from an outlet. With collapsible wall blades that fold away, the iGoCharge Anywhere can store enough energy in its integrated battery to provide upto three full charges to many mobile devices without the need for replenishing.

“While we constantly develop new travel-friendly powersolutions to simultaneously charge multiple devices, this lightweight chargeris designed to be ultra portable for those who are on-the-go, especially whilein the air,” said Michael D. Heil, president and chief executive officer ofiGo. “This is a terrific power solution for use on airplanes, where travelersare frequently unable to find an outlet to charge their MP3 players, gamingdevices, smartphones and other electronic devices that they use during theirflights.”

Look for the iGo Charge Anywhere at RadioShack as well asonline at www.iGo.com for approximately $50. Thecharger comes with one free tip for your mobile electronic device. For moreinformation about the iGo Charge Anywhere, visit http://www.igo.com/iGo-Charge-anywhere-full-version/stry/videofile9.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 2,048
Points 29,300
kid007 replied on Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:16 PM

I love the creativeness but why not get something solar power. the ideas are great but darn make the right thing right way instead of bombarding the market with "useless crap"

MacBook Pro 13.3" LED-Backlit Glossy, Intel "Penryn" Core 2 Duo T8700 - 2.53G, 8GB DDR3 1066, NVIDIA GForce 9400M 1280X800

HTPC 4G DDR3 XMS Corsair, Intel i5-750 Quad Core, 6ft HDMI Cable by Rosewill, AverMedia Tv Card, Gigabyte P55M-UD2,  Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Vapor X Cooling, 500 HD Maxtor 7200 2.5 HDD, Asus Blu-Ray Optical Drive, 46" LED Toshiba TV

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Fri, Oct 2 2009 7:30 PM

When your battery dies on a flight, maybe it's a sign that you should disconnect yourself from The Machine for a little while.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,422
Points 102,050
MembershipAdministrator

I like the Solar idea. I have a solar charger for the car that never seems to be used much. It's always connected and charges the battery whenever it's needed but doesn't overcharge it.

Solar and wind are free and provide lots of power if you harvest them properly. Pickens has the right idea.

They should be developed extensively.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

Is there something for my laptop?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

3vi1, I guess business travelers use up their batteries quickly, with conference calls and browsing, and texting, etc.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945

So, the problem to your batteries dieing is to bring more batteries? I have never heard of this business model before.....

I think that the solar and wind ideas are good, you could put the solar on the shelf behind the back seat or up to the window of a plane (get that window seat!) on a long trip and just forget about it there while it powers your stuff. Wind could work out the window of a car, but I don't see why not just bring a 12V adapter while in the car.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

Yes, more batteries could work.

The solar batteries idea is interesting. If we can have solar powered phones, why not solar powered phones. I understand that phones have energy intensive components such as bluetooth, LCD screen, cell signal. But something that can be slowly charged in case you run out of batteries to provide a few mins of emergency power would be useful.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945
Soupstyle replied on Sat, Oct 3 2009 11:26 PM

gibbersome:

Yes, more batteries could work.

I wasn't trying to say anything negative with my comment to any posters.

I was just trying to say that this device is just another battery but with an USB interface, and it just doesn't seem very innovative or useful to me.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:04 AM

And I tend to agree.

I've had spare batteries for my laptops before. I don't fly too frequently anymore, so I probably got about 6 uses out of these spare batteries (most flights I didn't even need them) before a couple of years had gone by and they had chemically degraded.

Just more landfill filler, for the majority of people.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700
gibbersome replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:06 PM

They're very cheap, but have you checked out consumer reviews for them yet? Will they give a meaningful amount of charge to your devices?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310

Please stop bumping old threads and spamming links to that website -.- (All your posts include links to that site)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS