Does exist a graphics boards which separate really 2 screens?

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105
El-Cherubin Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009 5:29 AM

Hello All,

I'm a student in communication, and i have a little problem...
I am in search of a graphics board which will allow me to separate really 2 screens.
I possess these 2 screens

Samsung T260HD
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=itbusiness&type=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS26TDDSUV/EN&fullspec=F

Sensy LCD22Top
http://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/ecran-pc/sensy-lcd22top/f-10710100105-LCD22TOP.html

and I shall wish to use one vertically (Sensy) while keeping/preserving (sorry for my poor english) the option of division/sharing of screen which enlarges the working zone.

Know you a graphics board which will allow me to attribute the rotation to one of the screens, while offering the possibility of combining/organizing the 2 screens?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Practically any graphics card lets you attach two screens.  We need some specs of your computer to give better advice.  If I understand what you are saying...you are looking for a graphics card, correct?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

I search a graphic card which permit me to do this :

Because i think my geforce 6600 gt doesn't do what i want :(

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yes most any graphics card will let you do that.

See the two DVI connectors here. Just plug one monitor into each. Even a 6600gt should have to connectors, but one maybe a blue connector, but if you can plug them in then they will work.

Right click on your desktop and click properties or screen resolution. From there you should be able to enable your second monitor.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

I have geforce 6600 GT, and my OS is windows XP.

Look my nvidia control panel, if i rotate a screen, i can't use dual screen, and if i use dual screen, i can't rotate.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Ok. I have good news and bad. After a good bit of searching I have found no solutions for Nvidia cards. Everywhere I look there are people with your same issue. I also tried with my Nvidia 8800gts and the newest drivers and was unable to do just one screen.

Ok Good news is that I tried on my ATI 4870 and it is quite easy to rotate just one screen. Any ATI card from the x1000 cards up have the option to turn just one monitor. So while it's not ideal for you to have to get a new card. It seems to be the easiest solution to the problem. Not sure what country you are in, but you can get low end ATI cards for really cheap here in the US and any low end 4000 card will vastly outperform your 6600gt as well.

Any way I hope that helps at least some.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

Tanks a lot to search a solution for me, i think i will buy an ati hd4550 1Go, it seems good for my using.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Make sure you match the graphics card with your motherboard. Check if you have AGP or PCI-e

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

My mother board is Gigabyte  G33M-DS2R x.x, i think it's good...? no?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yeah your good to go.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

thanks for confirmation ;)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS