What kind of this Virus and how to clean the USB

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
ajri02 Posted: Wed, Aug 12 2009 2:19 AM

I got an USB and that infected virus that I never seen.
I scan it in Bitdefender, Karpersky or Format it (from MS DOS).
The virus is not deleted

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

It most likely made its own little hidden partition. Find that and wipe it clean.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Wed, Aug 12 2009 8:07 AM

Boot from any Linux LiveCD, copy off any files on it you need, then open a terminal prompt and enter

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX

BE SURE TO REPLACE 'X' in the above line with the proper letter.  If in doubt, unplug the thumbdrive, plug it back in, wait a second and type "dmesg | grep sd".  You should see the correct letter and size whithin the last dozen lines.

When you run that command it will overwrite the entire thumbdrive with zeros.  Since you're booted to Linux, the virus can't be in memory, and can't possibly survive the wipe.

Reboot to Windows and create a new partition on the thumbdrive with disk manager.  You should be good to go (unless the virus is also on your Windows partition).

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
ajri02 replied on Wed, Aug 12 2009 10:37 PM

Hi! I must detail it What is the virus name? I don't know because no antivirus software can find them What does it do?: infected PC will hang or unable log in Window after restart What have YOU tried? I did format USB from MS DOS (not from Window). After that I plug it into a Clean PC. I can see the the Clean PC is infected (PC will hang or unable log in Window after restart)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS