AMD Phenom II TWKR Black Edition Processor

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,203
Points 1,186,610
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jun 30 2009 9:44 AM

Within the enthusiast scene, there exists an elite group of overclockers who push the limits of hardware to the breaking point. With the help of phase change coolers, dry ice, liquid nitrogen and even liquid helium, these enthusiasts achieve the seemingly impossible. In this world, maximum frequencies and world records are the motivation behind the countless hours spent modding and tweaking PC hardware.

AMD recognized the blood, sweat, and tears that extreme overclockers put into their hobby by creating a very special, limited edition processor made specifically for them. The Phenom II X4 TWKR Black Edition processor is a hand picked CPU that performs above and beyond the normal parameters we're accustomed to seeing from the Phenom II line. Under the extremely low temps supplied by LN2 or LHe cooling, these chips are said to yield monster overclocks. Check it out...

AMD Phenom II TWKR Black Edition Processor

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Thats some sexy overclocking.

That clear pot in the video is kick ass too.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

* Crisis Causer wants.  Just pushing it as far as I can on air would be more than satisfying.

Hello

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

It's pretty cool that HH gets to test one of these even though there are only around 100 in existence Big Smile

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 5,260
BebeX replied on Wed, Jul 1 2009 8:33 AM

Yeah good job on getting hold of one of those!

The clear pot is pretty cool (lol), but the music in the video is a bit silly... I mean, c'mon, it's not life or death!

-Ben

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,832
Points 45,800
rapid1 replied on Thu, Jul 9 2009 12:38 PM

I attempted to get in touch with AMD on one of these. I was able to talk to someone, however; it seems that being a long time supporter of AMD, whose desktop's both still run there processor's, and who has used them for years as well as built several systems for family members and paying customers using there technology is not high enough on there register of importance. They basically would not even give me any information at all other than it does exist which I already knew.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yeah. I dont think any of us are going to get are hands on one. I think they want people that will generate press with them.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

bob_on_the_cob:

Yeah. I dont think any of us are going to get are hands on one. I think they want people that will generate press with them.

Well BOB that would be all of us here at HH would,nt it! Amd needs to give us all one and Im sure we,ll all makes some noise for the press!LOL I know I would be all over U Tube and be post my 3D Mark scores all over the place!LOL Now if Raid shows up with one then we know he,s got money! HA HA LOL and then I would be jealous!Zip it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,832
Points 45,800
rapid1 replied on Fri, Jul 10 2009 1:26 PM

Yeah, it seems Loyalty or good customers in general mean nothing to AMD. Lol anyone (especially someone who posts daily on tech forums) like us would generate good press for AMD. I use X2 processors on my desktops now, and have built many systems for friend's, family and paying customers using an AMD platform. I always saw them as a great cost performance avenue. You hear a lot of people talk about the I7 cpu platforms; and to tell you the truth price wise there is only a 1-200.00 dollar difference price wise now. Seeing as loyalty means nothing maybe I will go Intel on my next build, as supporting a company (as I have for years with AMD) means nothing to them. So why should it mean anything to me as a consumer???

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

rapid1:
     Yeah, it seems Loyalty or good customers in general mean nothing to AMD. Lol anyone (especially someone who posts daily on tech forums) like us would generate good press for AMD. I use X2 processors on my desktops now,

Maybe we can get Marco and Dave to get AMD to send us all one they got the Pull around here! Then we will have the Longest Thread forum reveiw ever put the chip through the ringer and then all of us can post it on HH and U-Tube and then they will get there advertizing and promote the new chips for them and save all that cash on advertizing! Sounds good to me!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

lol. I wouldn't mind throwing one of those under my water loop and see if I can bet that 4GHz in the review.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

bob_on_the_cob:

lol. I wouldn't mind throwing one of those under my water loop and see if I can bet that 4GHz in the review.

Probably would,nt be that hard to acheive, I read an article showind it at 5 and 6ghz. 4 would be a nice OC! Wonder if Raids got it on his list yet!LOL He,s the Man when it comes to aquiring current hardware as far as forum members course Marco and Dave got the inside track on it all! They are my hero,s.Havent heard from Raid in a little while Im going to flip if he shows up with one.[:'(]

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

IDK if he will be getting his hands on one of these, but you know when he pops in he will have some kinda new crazy rig. Bet he will pop up next big graphics card revision.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS