Posts 2,171
Points 32,040
Dev Posted: Sat, Apr 25 2009 5:49 AM

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Apr 25 2009 11:56 AM

A damned good deal for anyone that doesn't already own those games.

Unfortunately, I can't play any of those games for more than 10 minutes without getting sick to my stomach.  Oddly, I can play CounterStrike Source zombie mods for hours on end (probably because I just set up barricades and hold off the zombies instead of running around).

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Points 32,040
Dev replied on Sat, Apr 25 2009 2:46 PM

I bought it just there now, cost in total (incl VAT) €9.99, so whatever that is in dollars I guess. Also because I already had Half Life 2 I'm allowed give it as a gift to a friend.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

$9.99 here in the US. I was wondering why there were so many new people on the servers last night. If anyone picks this up let me know we will play some Team Fortress some time.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Points 32,040
Dev replied on Sat, Apr 25 2009 6:20 PM

Yeah, its $9.99, sorry for the inaccuracy. I converted from pounds and forgot to include the tax rate. So I guess £5 = $8; +$2 (tax) = $9.99.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Dev:

Yeah, its $9.99, sorry for the inaccuracy. I converted from pounds and forgot to include the tax rate. So I guess £5 = $8; +$2 (tax) = $9.99.

We don't pay tax on online stuff here(at least in most states) I think it is just priced different. Still $9.99 is great considering I though it was a deal when it came out for $50.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sun, Apr 26 2009 2:51 PM

Okay... at $10, even I couldn't resist buying it.  I'll probably only ever use it to test for Wine regressions, but maybe the kids will play it.  :p

Here's one thing I didn't know about Steam:  If you buy a bundle package like this, and you already own some of the games (I already owned HL2, because it came with a video card I bought ages ago), steam allows you to "gift" a copy of that game to another account.  So I gifted HL2 to my wife's steam account and kept all the other stuff on mine.

I still don't like that you can't use multiple games from the same account concurrently on two computers, but I guess they don't want groups of friends to create "lending library" style accounts.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Cool. You should totally get TF2 running and do all the hard work for me. J/K I have not had time to mess with it, but I'll get it running.

I do have to admit that I usually install games on me and the girlfriends rig and we play at the same time. I think in the long run though I will be spending less on steam because idk how many times Jen had gotten Sims 2 and lost one of the disks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Mon, Apr 27 2009 8:44 AM

I beat Portal last night.  Level 18 made me yak, but other than that it's a really great game.

It's surprisingly short though.  Without knowing anything about it, and with taking several breaks, I figured my way through it in three hours or so.  It's a great part of the total package, but I see why they had to add all those bonus puzzles to keep people that bought the 360 version from feeling ripped off.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yeah it is short. IDK about the 360 version, but there is a decent modding community making a lot of good maps. It is quite entertaining while it lasts though and I can't wait to see how it plugs into the Half Life world. You get a small hint in EP2, but that is it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Mon, Apr 27 2009 6:14 PM

"Maybe Black Mesa?  Ha ha.  Fat Chance!"

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS