Front Panel Audio

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
maverick_vivek Posted: Tue, Feb 3 2009 1:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am bit of inexperienced hardware enthusiast. Recently I tried assemblying a PC with DG31PR with C2D 2.66 GHz. Everything went well uptill I started connecting my Cabit's front panel Audios to the mother board. Motherboard has following markings

1 [Port 2] Left channel 2 Ground                                       2. Ground

3 [Port 2] Right channel 4 PRESENCE# (Dongle present)       4.PRESENCE# (Dongle present)

5 [Port 1] Right channel 6 [Port 1] SENSE_RETURN               6.[Port 1] SENSE_RETURN

7 SENSE_SEND (Jack detection) 8 Key (no pin)                     8.Key (no pin)

9 [Port 2] Left channel 10 [Port 2] SENSE_RETURN              10.[Port 2] SENSE_RETURN

While the front cabinet has following leads:

Audio-L

Audio-R

Mic-in

Mic-Power

Ground

How do I interconnect? I know this is a substandard problem or this forum but not for me! Any help is appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you having issues connecting the front audio or getting it to work?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,475
Points 47,060
ForumsAdministrator

I believe Maverick wants to connect his case's front MIC and AUDIO plugs to his mobo, Bob.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

Exactly bob....My whole PC is working fi9 nw but i couldn't connect Motherboard to Cabinet's front panel ( I am  ashamed!!)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

U r right ...Super Dave! Tht's wat I want. Have u got any idea ...hw to go about this?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

I would look at the mobo manual that came with it. It will have a diagram in there explaining the front audio hook ups for the mobo. Also each case has a tad diffrent design for its audio connectors so you might need to play around the the connections to get them to work.

I tried hooking mine up twice now, and every time i do my PC wont boot so I just gave up eventually, and use the ports on the back of the PC. much more simple...lol

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS