New Mac mini coming?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
xaraz Posted: Tue, Dec 16 2008 6:22 PM

There hasn't been a new mac mini for quite a while now, so the rumours could be true that there's a new version coming soon. If this is true I'm checking it out as a possible htpc replacement. While my current Silverstone alu box works fine, it does take up a lot of space and still makes too much noise for the living room (even after putting in new fans and dampening materials).

Let's hope Steve has something nice to offer us in Januari at the Macworld Expo.

Here's a link to the article about it at Wired.

Join the discussion about the MMOs you play, visit www.mmo-talk.com.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,356
Points 48,595
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Tue, Dec 16 2008 6:34 PM

I heard the same rumor (from another source).  We're going to try to get someone to cover Macworld this year--hopefully we can get the news as soon as it breaks.

Welcome to HH BTW.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Welcome to the forums. My brother has one of the original ones. Underpowered, but great for what he needs. He uses it to record and edit music for his band. Looking at the rumored specs they look quite capable thought. Shame the cheaper one wont have the Nvidia chipset.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Wed, Dec 17 2008 8:42 AM

I have one of the current core 2 duo models. its Ok as a spare machine or if you just want something to mess with OS X on. But its underequipped to run the Apple i-suite or anything from Adobe. Damn 4200rpm SATA drive is dog slow as a primary HD.

I was thinking they might go with a low end Quad Core a Q8200 like Dell uses in their $600-700 Studio model. yeah its a crippled Quad-Core chip but at least you can say its a quad core right?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 20
jasonpeng replied on Tue, Nov 24 2009 5:13 AM

Steve,i like this guy,hope Mac have better products.

• Filed under: ,
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
xaraz replied on Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:13 AM

Been a while, but I finally went with a AsRock Ion 330 as my HTPC. Running Windows 7 with Boxee, and it's running fast. Everything I throw at it plays silky smooth. Got a USB IR receiver + remote off E-bay for 7 euros including shipping, and it works right after plugging it in. So for about 250 euros I'm all set.

Grts,

Xaraz

Join the discussion about the MMOs you play, visit www.mmo-talk.com.

• Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS