How to retrieve data from formatted partition?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 65
uzair Posted: Tue, Nov 25 2008 12:25 AM

Hi Experts,

I am using Dell Inspiron 1100. Last night I formatted my D drive by mistake & lost all data. That data is very very important for me. I now wanna recover that data. I heard there are some free utilities that recover every kind of formatted data. I tried to findout using google but couldn't make it. Anyone, please help me & guide me that how I can recover the data from my hard drive's formatted partition.

Looking for your help...

Regards

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

DO NOT USE THE DRIVE! first and for most.

I have had some good results from Pandora Recovery.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 20
Bingoo replied on Mon, Feb 2 2009 1:46 AM

Acturally when we format a disk, the Operating System erases all bookkeeping information on the disk, tests the disk to make sure all sectors are reliable, marks bad sectors (that is, those that are scratched), and creates internal address tables for later uses to locate information. Every hard disk should be formatted before using; it is the process of preparing a hard disk or other storage medium for use, including setting up an empty file system.

What pity is that Windows supply one key to format, but no key to unformat, because we can't retrive data from the formatted disk. we should use certain format recovery software to retrieve data. I happened to encounter this situation, the data recovery software I used is easeus data recovery wizard, I don't know what happened to you or someone else, I hope the software I used could help you everybody.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 355
Points 5,870
Riks replied on Wed, Feb 4 2009 12:22 PM

yeah, i heard pandora is good, and also Get Data Back NTFS, or FAT, if that's the way you formatted your drive.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS