Looking For PSU Advice

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Skerne Posted: Wed, Nov 12 2008 11:58 AM

Hi there, everyone. New to the forum, been reading some threads and the guide but wanted to make a query in regards to what power supply to use for my PC build, as i've made some changes and added some bits and want to get away from using the horrible, cheap Atrix 500T power supply i'm using right now.

Case: Antec 900 + 2 Scythe S-Flex 120mm case fans

Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6420 w/ Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer CPU cooler

4GB RAM / 250GB Western Digital HDD (WD2500YS) / 1x Writemaster DVD Rewriter

Video Card: BFG GeForce 7950GT OC w/ Zalman VF900-Cu VGA cooler

It isn't exactly brand spanking new, but it's all I need for the games I play. I like to overclock, so i'm a bit of a cooling maniac (aside from water cooling, which at this point is out of my price range). I was hoping to possibly gain a recommendation on a good power supply that isn't overly expensive but gets the job done so I don't go off and blow up the machine with some piece of rubbish, please.

Thank you for your time.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Well The trusty old Newegg PSU calculator recommends about 400watts. I would say make sure you have more wattage than you need. You did say you are overclocking which takes a good bit of extra power. Adding more drives will bump up your power needs quick as will.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817702007 This one here is a great deal if your into mail in rebates.

How much are you looking to spend?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS