Intel's New Core i7 Processor, Video Spotlight

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,235
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2008 1:22 AM

In addition to our in-depth article coverage of Intel’s new Core i7 processor and platform architecture, we also have a video spotlight up that gives the viewer a hands-on look of various new Intel Core i7 hardware as well as a Core i7 system in action on the test bench.

Direct Link:
http://hothardware.com/Articles/Getting-To-Know-Intels-New-Core-i7-Video-Spotlight/

Synopsis:  Ultimately, we can't help but be impressed by the new Core i7 processors. The performance, power profile, and overclockability are all very good even at this early stage.  Intel clearly has another exceptionally strong product in their line-up that will undoubtedly appeal to PC enthusiasts and multimedia professionals alike.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

I see you guys are pulling a late one tonight. Thanks for the review and video. I really get that extra something out of video.

Also is it just the extreme that has the single multipliers? Do the cheaper cpus all have to run at the same speed?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Mon, Nov 3 2008 10:50 AM

Holy smokes... It's gonna cost a fortune, right?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3vi1:

about $300 for the 2.66ghz one that is still faster than mineAngry, $300 for a mainboard, and $100 for the cheapest DDR3 triple channel kit on the egg.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Oops double postEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3vi1:

about $300 for the 2.66ghz one that is still faster than mineAngry, $300 for a mainboard, and $100 for the cheapest DDR3 triple channel kit on the egg.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

Great Video guys!!!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,563
Points 54,725
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Nov 3 2008 2:52 PM

Bob, No, the standard chips have adjustable mults for all 4 cores too but just can only be dialed down, instead of down and up like the Ex chips.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Thanks Dave. That will be good for that one stubborn core.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

great video guys. way to tease us! overclocking these things should be fun. Thanks for giving us a quick heads up on how they OC. With a really good WC setup I am betting there can be some serious gains with these bad boys. Did you guys mess with the voltage at all with these when you were overclocking? I am curious to see how cool they stay and if raising the voltage mattered much at all.

Never mind I actually just read the article. I saw the video first when I posted and hadn't read the article. Wonder why the issue with high memory volt. though. What about chipset voltages or does that not make much difference now with the integrated memory controller?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Dave I really appreciate the time and effort you guys put into the Video real good info! You can read all you want but when you see it then you get more out of it!Im real impressed with the I7,s and that MSI board is great! Looking forward to more video,s! Good Job!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 508
Points 7,860

Wow, looks amazing. Can't wait to actually see it running other programs as well. Lol, whenever I see people benching in Cinebench, it reminds me of my own hobby of doing 3D stuff and rendering. This processor surly is a beast. :)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 463
Points 7,025
AjayD replied on Mon, Nov 3 2008 9:53 PM

Very nicely done gentlemen. I can tell you put quite a bit of effort into making this video and I look forward to more future videos from you guys. Great in-depth review by the way. It looks like the ASUS board is the one to get if you've got the cash.

***** Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. *****

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,614
Points 67,270

Great Video Review! ;)

Dammit! What's My Age Again???

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS