AMD Appoints Former HP Exec to Head EMEA Region

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,096
Points 1,183,530
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2008 10:17 AM

AMD Appoints Former HP Exec Alberto Bozzo to Head EMEA RegionAMD Demonstrates Cloud Computing Platform

- Industry veteran brings more than 20 years of commercial and consumer PC experience -

SUNNYVALE, Calif. - Oct. 30, 2008 - AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced the appointment of Alberto Bozzo as corporate vice president and general manager of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Reporting to Emilio Ghilardi, AMD chief sales officer, Bozzo will have responsibility for all sales and marketing operations within EMEA. Bozzo starts his new role in January 2009. Bozzo, 44, brings more than 20 years of experience with HP, where he was most recently the vice president of HP’s multi-billion dollar go-to-market consumer business unit in EMEA.

“We are pleased to add another seasoned professional to AMD who brings a strong combination of sales, marketing and organizational management experience,” said Emilio Ghilardi, AMD senior vice president and chief sales officer. “Alberto’s successful consumer and commercial computing record makes him the right person to help AMD execute on its aggressive plans in the strategic EMEA region.”

Previously, Bozzo was the EMEA vice president and general manager of HP's Commercial Products division within the Personal Systems Group. While at HP, Bozzo also held the positions of vice president of Group Marketing for the Personal Systems Group in EMEA and of vice president of Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness for the Personal Systems Group in EMEA.

Bozzo succeeds Emilio Ghilardi, who was recently named AMD Chief Sales Officer.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, Oct 30 2008 12:30 PM

I think the lead should have been:

NEWS ALERT:  AMD appoints some Bozzo from HP to head their company.

...and that's why I had my blogging credentials revoked.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

lol No wonder Intel is gaining market share. They got a bunch of Bozzos running the joint.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,063
Points 10,760
Grahf replied on Thu, Oct 30 2008 9:33 PM

Hopefully the name is a bit more dignified in the region...

I beat the Internet... the end guy was hard

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS