Rock Band, Beatles to Join Forces

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,856
Points 1,115,370
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2008 12:03 AM

It was all very suspicious, an email in our inbox from MTV and the Beatles' Apple Corps.  It seemed to point to a "Rock Band" link.  But it was the Wall Street Journal that solidified things.  According to the all too familiar anonymous sources, we have a deal a-cooking.

This is a major coup for MTV, getting the Beatles to sign onto Rock Band.  The Beatles join
Aerosmith, Metallica, and Jimi Hendrix (Guitar Hero) and AC/DC (Rock Band)as the latest --- and biggest -- group to license its songs to a music-oriented video game.

The Beatles represent the biggest prize to date in the category. Not
only do they have the best-selling album catalog of any band, they
haven't yet licensed their music for sale by download services such as Apple Inc.'s iTunes Store.

And that's the whole point: the Beatles haven't embraced the digital distribution era.  This means iTunes, Amazon MP3, and the like.  Something like this may mean they finally want to join that "club."

No details on which songs or a release date are available, but the smart move would be pre-holiday for the release date.  For tracks: who cares?  It's going to sell well no matter what.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,420

Cool Im am and always will be a Beatles fan!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Thu, Oct 30 2008 12:51 PM

It's about time they got wise.  I always suspected that, by the time the Beatles got around to licensing their stuff in other formats/media, no one would care anymore.  I also wondered how they would do this, since I thought Michael Jackson owned the publishing rights for most of their songs.

>> as the latest --- and biggest -- group to license it's songs

Biggest?  There were, like, nine people in Lynyrd Skynyrd last time I looked.

Latest?  Refer to Lynyrd Skynyrd, above.

What?  Too soon?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS