This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,500
Points 1,196,740
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2008 7:54 PM

Super Talent Announces 18-Carat Solid Gold USB Drive
Limited Edition 8GB Pico-C Drive is the Ultimate Executive Gift

San Jose, California – October 28, 2008 – Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced a limited edition 18-carat solid gold USB drive that comes with a serialized Certificate of Authenticity.

The Pico-C has become the hallmark of style and quality in USB drives. Prized for its beautiful design and incredibly small size, the Pico-C is also water resistant and fast, supporting up to 200X (30MB/sec) data transfer speeds. The Pico-Cs amazing qualities account for the scores of prestigious Awards the Pico-C has amassed, including being featured on the July-08 cover of Popular Science and being named as a Top 10 Record-Breaking Consumer Gadget by Gizmodo.

Now, for a limited time only, Super Talent is offering an 8GB custom-made 18-Carat solid solid gold Pico-C drive that includes:

-         Serialized Certificate of Authenticity
-         18-carat gold keychain
-         FIPS certified AES-256 Encryption software
-         Your  text or logo laser etch onto the drive at no charge
-         Black velvet jewelry box

This rare collector's item makes an eloquent corporate gift, and is available only on a preorder basis for a limited time, with three to four weeks lead time. Part number STC8GBPCKG is offered to resellers at $599.

“We fused advanced technology with precious metals into a precision crafted device with no equal,” said Mr. Jin Kim, Super Talent design engineer.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Tue, Oct 28 2008 8:10 PM

Seems somewhat familiar: http://hothardware.com/News/Super-Talent-Pico-Gold-8GB-USB-Drive-/

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Tue, Oct 28 2008 8:18 PM

This just in: Super Talent gold plates old product, etches your logo on it, bumps speed up to new standards, and charges $566 more. Super Talent President: "We're officially out of ideas."

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,063
Points 10,760
Grahf replied on Tue, Oct 28 2008 10:00 PM

Are these for pimps or something?

I beat the Internet... the end guy was hard

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3vi1:

Seems somewhat familiar: http://hothardware.com/News/Super-Talent-Pico-Gold-8GB-USB-Drive-/

Those were gold colored. These are real gold. I was going to say they would make a nice necklace, but reading that old post I know were that conversations going.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,651
Points 55,420
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Oct 29 2008 12:06 AM

That is some serious bling...

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,490
Points 47,190
ForumsAdministrator

Sleazy corporate CEO's can have these beautiful gold USB drives attached to the rip-cords of their corporate GOLDEN-PARACHUTES (perhaps they really deserve a GOLDEN SHOWER instead). I am really bitter about that Wall St. bailout, if you care...

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Wed, Oct 29 2008 8:13 AM

lol!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

I,ll get me some gold plated shoes strings to go with my tennis shoes too!Or they can give me the $599 and ,ll apend it on a quad core cpu and a Asus striker 11 and then I got something usefull!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS