MSI P45 Platinum and Diamond Motherboards

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,846
Points 1,114,860
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2008 12:47 PM

A few months back, Intel released the P45 Chipset -- at the time it was considered to be their mainstream offering, playing second fiddle to the X48 Express.  With official support of a 1333MHz FSB, PCI-E 2.0, ATI CrossFire, and support for both DDR2 and DDR3 memory, there's a lot of roads to go down with the construction of one of these boards, and MSI went down all of them.  MSI fleshed out a complete top-to-bottom assortment of  boards, which means that they have a P45 motherboard that suits just about every potential buyer's needs.  Two of these, the P45 Diamond and P45 Platinum are found towards the top end of their food chain, and we'll be taking a look at them today...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Mon, Oct 27 2008 12:54 PM

>> we'll be taking a look at them today... <<

NO THANK YOU! I prefer NOT to purchase computer components based on in-depth examination and testing.

Instead, I look at the creatures/people on the box and ask myself "Which one of these would win in a fight?"

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3vi1:

>> we'll be taking a look at them today... <<

NO THANK YOU! I prefer NOT to purchase computer components based on in-depth examination and testing.

Instead, I look at the creatures/people on the box and ask myself "Which one of these would win in a fight?"

Yeah thats totally what I do as well. Nice review guys!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Mon, Oct 27 2008 1:10 PM

I knew it couldn't just be me. From the ubiquitousness of the practice, it's obvious that the marketing guys do lots of hard work to determine the exact mythical creature/warrior equivalency for each MB/videocard. Why should we let that research go to waste?

And remember, guys, there's a +2 modifier if the warrior is a sexy female.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,420

Good read and some funky heatsinks to but Im gng to be patient and wait for my Asus board!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS