OCZ Unveils First Fatal1ty Brand DDR2 / DDR3 RAM

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,570
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jul 21 2008 5:49 PM

OCZ Technology Unveils First Fatal1ty Brand DDR2 and DDR3 Memory After Partnership Announcement

Get the Gear Used by the Pros

Sunnyvale, Calif. -July 21, 2008- OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and PC components, today announced the first memory modules available in their Fatal1ty Series after the partnership was announced last month. These high-performance memory kits were co-developed with the expertise of Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel, 12-time World champion, to meet the specific needs of fellow gamers. OCZ Fatal1ty Professional Series kits are the official memory modules of Championship Gaming Series (CGS), and feature incredible performance to power through the latest PC titles and contribute to the success of professionals and everyday gamers.

“OCZ worked closely with Fatal1ty and his team to design new memory kits that pair perfectly with the top selling motherboards for a superior gaming experience,” commented Alex Mei, Chief Marketing Officer of the OCZ Technology Group. “Fatal1ty knows what it takes to win at the highest level of eSports, and these new kits deliver superior stability and performance to gamers whether you are a professional player on the Championship Gaming Series, or a weekend warrior looking to dominate when playing the latest titles.”

“The launch of Fatal1ty Brand memory is very exciting because I am working with OCZ Technology who makes top quality products,” says Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel. “Fatal1ty Gaming Gear is all about bringing equipment to the highest possible level to improve the gaming experience."

OCZ is dedicated to delivering premium gaming solutions that meet the unique demands of enthusiasts on all levels. Fatal1ty memory modules are designed to help deliver exceptional gaming visuals and overclocking potential to ensure that high-powered gaming PCs maintain unsurpassed stability. Featuring aggressive latencies, high densities up to 4GB, and blazing frequencies, Fatal1ty memory helps DirectX-10 PC games reach their full potential. Select Fatal1ty modules also feature EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles) as an additional “plug and play” overclocking tool on DDR2 NVIDIA® gaming platforms.

The first memory kits to be introduced under Fatal1ty Professional Series line include:

• OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 4GB Kits with CL 5-4-4-18 timings

• OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 EPP-Ready 2GB Kits with CL 5-5-5-15 timings

• OCZ DDR3 PC3- 10666 2GB/4GB Kits with 9-9-9-26 timings

Unleash the performance power of your gaming PC with Fatal1ty brand DDR2 and DDR3 memory. With the shared goal of strengthening the global gaming community, the OCZ Fatal1ty Series was tailored exclusively for the needs of gamers who require fast, reliable memory.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Mon, Jul 21 2008 7:02 PM
That's really not cool at all. I don't know why it's taking so long for the hardware makers to catch on to the fact that many, if not most gamers do not idolize or even approve of big league gamers. They're not people to revere like athletes we could never be. I'm sure he's good, but someone like Johnathan Wendel is just another person that I'd shoot at online in any FPS. I would never buy something that was branded with his pseudonym, nor have I ever met someone who said, "oh cool, I want that Fatal1ty **computer peripheral**."

Forgive me, as I'm sure my feelings are not universal, but this stuff really irritates me.

><((((">Lev Astov

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

You're not alone Lev, I agree with your POV.

The only endorsed stuff I've ever bought is MJ b-ball shoes I think. 

BTW: Ever notice how OCZ "high performance/gaming" ram has crappy timings most of the time.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

So first we had ABit then the case company(forget who it was) and now OCZ trying to push they're products off with using this tactic. Do they think we are that ignorant.

Oh I almost forgot Creative labs tried it with 1 of their x-fi cards too.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 45,870
ForumsAdministrator
MikeL_HH replied on Mon, Jul 21 2008 9:35 PM
Maybe it's not the hardware manufacturers... Maybe Fatal1ty's manager is just really frickin' good?

"My computer isn't slow, it's just being careful."

Join the Official HotHardware Folding Team!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2008 10:17 PM

lol. thats 1 way of looking at it

replied on Mon, Jul 21 2008 10:52 PM

I know it's a marketing gimick but I have to say most of the fatality things I have tried really performed well.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 1,395

nelsoncp21:

So first we had ABit then the case company(forget who it was) and now OCZ trying to push they're products off with using this tactic. Do they think we are that ignorant.

Oh I almost forgot Creative labs tried it with 1 of their x-fi cards too.

That would be Zalman who did the custom Fatal1ty cases.  They still have Fatal1ty branded equipment.

One other thing that should be taken into account as far as timings go is the overhead to which you can overclock the memory.  My Buffalo Firestix have 5-5-5-15 timings but have an incredible overhead for overclock, so the timings disadvantage is thrown out the door.

ASUS Rampage Formula; Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @5.13GHz; 4GB Buffalo Firestix PC2-9600 DDR2; Thermaltake Armor w/ Bigwater SE; XFX Geforce 9800 GTX 'Black Edition'; Corsair HX620 Power Supply 620W

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Jul 22 2008 11:52 AM

I'll agree with everyone else in that this stuff has no appeal for me. The part that really insults my intelligence is the part in the press release that says "OCZ worked closly with Fatal1ty to....." Now I know the guy is a good gamer but does he have a degree in any field that relates to RAM? What did he have to offer besides requesting it to be fast and spell his name right on the check?

What's next? The Fatal1ty brand butt warmer for those really cold LAN parties.

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Wed, Jul 23 2008 2:45 PM

Never bought any of this stuff. They are way over-priced just because they have his stupid looking logo on it.

Oh, don't forget, Creative also made a Fatality (I'm not going to reach for that "one" to spell it correctly) branded mouse. That thing looks so uncomfortable. I doubt that thing sold well. I saw it free after rebate a couple of times. Wouldn't even want it if it was free. WHAT? Creative even did headphones with him? lol

XFX did 2 video cards with him... Yes, I really want to see his face on my 8800GTS...

Just did a search and found out he even has a keyboard.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Mon, Jul 28 2008 1:27 PM
I'm telling you. the Fatal1ty butt warmers are coming. I bet my 3DFX stock on it!

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

replied on Mon, Jul 28 2008 2:54 PM

Yeh the stuff is priced high but I have to admit that case with his name on it is one of my favorites.

http://www.endpcnoise.com/e/images/fatality.jpg

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Mon, Jul 28 2008 6:59 PM
It's a nice case to be sure but the price tag is insane. Hardly worth the money as there are cases just as good, if not better for the same or lower cost.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Plus, I've heard the airflow in that case is kinda mediocre.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 7:01 PM

Not to mention for the $360 + shiping they want for this case you could gewt a darn nice Lian-Li case that blows it away and have about $100 left for beer! Or for about $30 more you could get a case with a nice liquid cooling system built in.

Did I mention that the Fatality branded butt warmers were coming?!?! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

tue, you could go with a nice lian li case and mod it yourself and put your own name on it instead of his. SHoot you could just buy modded parts like get a custom etched window and barely do any work at all. There are so many places that will make custom parts for you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 8:56 PM

Very true. A case like the Zalman Fatality says something about you though.... That you have more money than sense that is! :)

replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 10:13 PM

nECrO1967:

Very true. A case like the Zalman Fatality says something about you though.... That you have more money than sense that is! :)

That is a Silly thing to say. The case is nice I could careless about the fatality stickers and yes Zalman has one that just says zalman on it but i admit the red fatality one looks better to me.  Add some UV reactive watercooling and you would have a very nice moded case. Besides, this is HOT hardware.com and that case is definately HOT. Its not like the plain looking Lian-li and silverstones are a lot cheaper anyways. That case has 4 5 1/4 drive bays 6 internal HDD bays with tool-less install. Plenty of depth to put a aftermarket cooler without runing out of room. The only con is the high price.  A Case like that is a long term investment if you take care of it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 10:47 PM

sorry the whole fatality thing just kills it for me. I appreciate a good modded case as much as the next guy but if I am gonna spend money on a modded case it's not gonna have someone else's name on it. But to each his own. some may feel more special by having his name on their case. whatever works for you. I am just saying you could do something more unique to your wn taste then waste your money on a case like this. Maybe I am just an old geezer but while the case has good design it has no style. but thats purely my opinion. shoot thats half of picking a case out is what your taste is.

But memory, vid cards etc. Why pay more for a similar product with someone's name on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Wed, Jul 30 2008 12:01 AM

It was just a joke Brian. Sorry if it came off the wrong way. Style and beauty as always are in the eye of the beholder. Like Nelsoncp21, I dislike the garish and loud lights and shiny stuff and find Silverstone and Lian-Li to have an elegant beauty in their designs. To each his own. My objection is with the price and style. If you go for the more flashy stuff, Thermaltake has several cases that are just as nice and good to work with for less money.

Again sorry if my humor offended. It wasn't intended to. To each his own as far as style is concerned.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS