This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,748
Points 1,210,300
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jul 15 2008 12:41 PM

Super Talent Ships Tiny Gold 8GB Storage Device

24K Gold Plated 8GB Pico USB Drive is World’s Smallest

San Jose, California – July 15, 2008 -- Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced the PICO-C Gold, a 24-carat gold plated, water resistant USB drive that weighs less than a nickel (~4.7 grams), is smaller than an SD card, and can store over 2,000 MP3 songs.

Super Talent uses chip-on-board (COB) technology to squeeze 8GB of Flash into an impressively small 31.3mm x 12.4mm x 3.4mm gold plated steel case. The Pico-C Gold is shock resistant, water resistant, and has up to 200X (30MB/sec) transfer speeds. The Pico-C Gold includes a sturdy gold chain, and looks more like a fashion accessory than a high performance Flash drive.

“Is it the speed, the ruggedness, the water resistance, the incredibly tiny size or the pure elegance that people like most in our Pico-C drive? Who knows? But, this combination of features and style is not offered in any other terrestrial storage device, which makes it a real craze”, commented Super Talent Marketing Director, Joe James.

All Super Talent USB drives are backed with a lifetime warranty. The 8GB Pico-C Gold drive, part number STU8GPCG, is available from NewBiiz and NewEgg today for under $40.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Points 2,845
shanewu replied on Tue, Jul 15 2008 7:08 PM
that thing is awesome! i'll take two! :)

"Everyone always wants new things. Everybody likes new inventions, new technology. People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me, the choice is easy." - Michael Scott (The Office)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Jul 22 2008 9:06 AM

8GB. Under $40. Instant wow and geek cred with the digitally challenged. I'll take 2 as well!

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS