Need to recover files on FAT16

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 105
richidson Posted: Tue, Jun 3 2008 11:15 PM

Hi people, I have a system that has FAT16 file system on it. I have that file system on that for some reason so I don’t need to upgrade on that….but recently I had some files deleted and now I need to get them back. They are important for my official use and hold great importance. I know that there is software for recovery but since I have a FAT16 file system I guess that all won’t work on that.

Please let me know the solution for this problem.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 235
Points 3,045
higgamo replied on Wed, Jun 4 2008 4:40 AM

i believe this Data recovery software will help you. 

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/FAT-Data-Recovery.html

hope this helps 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,917
Points 24,670

Fat16 as in an old DOS system? you can use the undelete command in DOS, just run it from the directory where the file was deleted and it will give you a list of files it can recover. You need to know the first character in the filename to successfully undelete the files though.

Now I feel old.. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This is now a bit problem….since you are using an older file system I guess you are right…everything wont go on this one. But, I hope that you have tried some….before going on the hunt for a new one. In our office we datarecoverysoftwarereviews.net by a software that supports FAT 12, FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS and NTFSS file systems. This one really works well and is simple to manage…..you don’t need to be an expert for that. This will be handy in solving your problem.

Hope this will get the data back!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
dennylouis replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 10:46 AM

Usually deleted data can still be recovered with help of data recovery software, I may recommend you one I have used before: Android Photo Recovery . It is good at recover data from Android phone and computer deleted by mistake.

Read more from: www.recovery-android.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,688
Points 104,345
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 4:36 PM

dennylouis:
Usually deleted data can still be recovered with help of data recovery software, I may recommend you one I have used before: Android Data Recovery . It is good at recover data from Android phone and computer deleted by mistake.

This is an old thread,.......

Good free recovery software is  RECUVA and it can be downloaded here: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/update?v=1.43.623&l=1033

I have used it for years and it works well.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 352
Points 3,860
StaticFX replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 8:15 AM

lol 2008... and those seem like spam bots? sign up to  post?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS