Who’s Recertifying These iPods?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,393
Points 1,192,595
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Apr 30 2008 7:00 PM

An interesting tale from a reliable source has just tipped up regarding buying bargain iPods online:

“The iPod came in just a couple of days--but as soon as I unwrapped it and connected it to my Mac at home I got an ominous alert from my usually quiet antivirus software.  The iPod, it informed me, contained some virus known as AdobeR.exe.

As I dug into the problem, I learned something I probably should have realized before I ordered.  The ‘recertified’ iPod wasn't recertified by Apple, but instead through some third party.”

The moral of the story is that if you’re going to by a recertified part, get it directly from the manufacturer.  A virus on the device could end up being the least of your problems, but it is certainly indicative of a quality control issue.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

This isn't the first time its happened.  I remember a story a couple years ago of virus' on iPods, though I could have sworn those ones were factory new.  At least these are third party. 

Hello

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 235
Points 3,045
higgamo replied on Thu, May 1 2008 3:44 PM

could be worst the ipod could come with a video "Never Gonna Give You Up" and everytime u connect it ur pc plays it on and on. Oh the nightwares xD.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,370
Points 20,925
ice_73 replied on Thu, May 1 2008 8:20 PM

higgamo:

could be worst the ipod could come with a video "Never Gonna Give You Up" and everytime u connect it ur pc plays it on and on. Oh the nightwares xD.

i managed to rick roll over 20 of my friends in one day on my ipod touch it was amazing :-) i love that song.

also the "virus" isnt really a virus i think... i know sometimes anti-virus gets paranoid like when it tells you the no-dvd crack you have (for your legally purchased game) is a virus even though it isnt.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS