Overclocking E6320

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
FlyingBramMan Posted: Tue, Apr 22 2008 4:00 AM

Hello all,

I saw a topic about somebody else overclocking his E6320 and you guys we''re all so helpful that I hoped you could give me a hand too. I recently bought a demo pc(used as demo in some show in paris). Because I haven't reinstalled XP Prof. I don't know the exact specs yet but I know a few things and maybe that is enough, I will post full specs in about 3 hours anyway.

Intel E6320 processor, 4mb cache, 1.86ghz

Nvidia 8800GT videocard(I think its a sparkle card I will check it in a few hours)

2x 1024mb 'Turbo' memory (I think 1066mhz but I will check it in a few hours)

I think either a Intel P635 or P935 chipset on a intel motherboard(will post full specs in a few hours)

Giga-byte case with both liquid and air cooling. I got 3 big vents on the backside, 1 on the front side and 1 on top of the processor. Furthermore I got 4 cables with cooled liquid going over and under the graphical card and on beween the 2 internal memory chips. So I think I have superior cooling for overclocking. Its the Gigabyte 36Aurora570 case.

500w power supply

I got little experience in overclocking anything, so I don't know w/e I should overclock mutltiple parts or just the CPU or RAM?!

As I said, will post more system specs in a few hours! Thanks in advance!

Yours,

Bram Couteaux

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Tue, Apr 22 2008 2:25 PM

Didn't know they just sold a PC after a show. How much did you get it for?

By the way, it doesn't sound like you got water cooling for your CPU. What heatsink is on your cpu? 

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

I got it in exchange for working two weeks(during my holiday) 40 hrs a week. The new price would be around 800-900 euro.

Click here for a screenshot from the temperatures during normal operations. Temp1/2/3 are sensors in the case. HD0 = the hd ofcourse. Core 0 and 1 are the processors. Core and Ambient are graphical cards

The exact specs:

Processor: Intel Core Duo E6320 currently at 1.86ghz

Mobo: Jetway 966PDAG(E)

Bios: Phoenix Awardbios 6.00

Internal memory: Kingston Valueram 2x 512mb (planning to upgrade to a total of 2gb with 1 extra 1gb memory card)

Graphical card: NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512mb

Harddisk: 250gb 7200rpm

Case/cooling: Gigabyte 3DAURORA 570

Power: 500 watt

Again thanks in advance!

Yours,

Bram

EDIT: I managed to oc it to 2.1ghz with a Vcore of 1.46~ volt. When I try to go further I can see some blue screen for half a second and than it reboots. Please help!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Thu, Apr 24 2008 11:57 AM

Never head much of Jetway. Not sure how good they are for overclocking.

2.1GHz @ 1.46V is pretty high in voltage for a slight overclock. At 2.1GHz, what is your temperatures in idle and full load? Also, is 1.46V what you set in the BIOS or is that number you gave us already accounting for the voltage drop?

Also, is your FSB and memory speed linked? If they are, then your memory is holding your overclock back and probably causing the blue screens. Unlink them so that your memory stays at the manufacturer's specified speed while you can let loose on the FSB. 

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS