Lenovo ThinkPad X300 Ultraportable Notebook

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,856
Points 1,115,340
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 17 2008 12:00 PM

Just in case you missed it, we're writing to let you all know that we have just posted a new article here at HotHardware in which we evaluate the features and performance of Lenovo's sleek ThinkPad X300 ultra portable notebook.  According to Lenovo, the ThinkPad X300 was designed to be the most efficient notebook the company has ever offered, with claims of a 25% reduction in power consumption in comparison to previous X-Series models.  To achieve this, Lenovo attempted a balancing act of sorts, equipping the X300 with a low power Core 2 Duo CPU, a Solid-State Drive and an LED backlit monitor.  The question is, has the focus on low power consumption come at too big a price, both in terms of dollars and overall performance?  Click the link below and find out...

Lenovo ThinkPad X300 Ultraportable Notebook

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,555
willardcw4 replied on Thu, Apr 17 2008 12:39 PM

Well, the benchmarks show it doesn't do so hot for gaming... but I really don't think that was the intent of this laptop.

I'm really impressed by the battery life compared to the other three laptops tested. The Lenovo seems to be an ideal travel/business laptop since it is relatively small and still has a lot of the computing power needed to get the job done.

Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

My goodness that's an expensive Laptop.  But the battery life is indeed impressive.

Hello

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Points 2,845
shanewu replied on Thu, Apr 17 2008 1:17 PM
What makes the battery life even more impressive is that the battery is only a 3-cell battery. I've seen many 6-cell batteries not even get close to that performance. Lenovo (and Fujitsu) seem to be better at squeezing life out of their batteries than much of their competition, like Dell, HP and the like.

What is somewhat disappointing about the X300 is the 3.6 lb. reported weight. I thought these were supposed to be lighter than that????

"Everyone always wants new things. Everybody likes new inventions, new technology. People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me, the choice is easy." - Michael Scott (The Office)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS