Asus M2A-VM HDMI "Video-in"

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
rajeshgovindan Posted: Tue, Feb 26 2008 9:20 PM

My Asus M2A-VM HDMI came with an addon card(HDMI Module).I am having an S-Video port, Video in port, S-PDIF Out Port.on it

Can I view TV if I connect my Cable line to my "Video in" port using a wire like this. . .?

Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but by replying your thread gets bumped. ;) Hopefully someone here has an answer.

BTW: Welcome to HotHardware and nice sig!!! lol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 795
Points 13,650
Kamrooz replied on Wed, Feb 27 2008 9:24 PM

If your video card has a S-video port, than yes you can use it as a signal for a tv. Just make sure you restart your computer once you have them plugged in, and then launch your video card software (catalyst for ati, or whatever nvidia uses)...and check out the display settings to set everything up.

I think that's what you're asking atleast...if you mean something else or have any questions, drop a reply ^_^. 

2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 2Gb DDR2-667 Kingston FBDimm 150GB Western Digital Raptor 2x 500 Gb Seagate 7200.10 2x 8800 GT SLI Intel D5400XS (Skulltrail) Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Ultra X3 1KW psu 2X Liteon DL DVD-RW Rig courtesy of HotHardware! =D
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

You didn't get my question...I need to watch TV on my PC(that which a tuner card does)...Instead of using a TV Tuner card I wanted to plugin the (TV)cable line to my PC using a chord as mentioned in my previous post...BTW I don't have a video card...I am using my onboard ATi X1250
replied on Thu, Feb 28 2008 7:01 AM

I do think it is possible but you would have to plug the S-video cable into your cable box. Then use Catalyst or some software to capture the feed. However, I will be honest, doing this is not reccomended and it will be terrible image quality. You would be better just getting a tuner card. That video card is for a laptop right ? You might even be able to get a usb type tv tuner device but even then some digital cable channels may not work. It seems to me to be more trouble than it's worth.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

Gee....Thanx

So at last my (n00bish) brain has been laid to rest

BTW...ATi1250 is not for Laptops....the X1200(a stripped down version of X700) is for laptops while X1250 is for Desktops...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS