Need For Speed ProStreet

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 380
Pam Heinze Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2008 7:42 PM

Any racing fans here?  I got this game and a Logitech G25 steering wheel.  So it's like a driving simulator, I have the gas pedal, brake and clutch and a six speed shifter.  The main problem I have is getting way too excited in the heat of the racing and pulling the steering wheel off the desk!

I stick to single player since I don't think my dsl does too well for online play.  I thought the price of the steering wheel was justified, it is cheaper than buying a Mustang GT.  My gaming rig has a Q6600 on an Asus P5B and an eVGA 8800GT 320 Mb video card.

I enjoy the grip (circuit) and drag races.  Not such a big fan of drift or wheelies but that is probably because I am not so good at them.  The speed challenge is scary, the last time I played that, my Dodge Viper went airborne going over a slight hill and then went end over end.  But I lived to tell the tale.  Maybe I need to tweak the aero properties on that car.  Smile

Pam 

Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 508
Points 7,860
peti1212 replied on Tue, Feb 19 2008 8:02 PM

Hey Pam,

I really enjoy playing Need For Speed Pro Street as well. It is one of those games that I did not like at first since I was used to the Most Wanted and Carbon videos, and now Pro Street has some low quality people in it, but I still enjoy playing it. Unfortunatelly I do not have a steering wheele, my friend does, but even when I borrow it from him, it is a very cheap one so it does the work but not that well.

I just use my keyboard to drive, and it works perfectly, and also the speed chalanges are awesome. I do not play Multiplayer as well. I really like the single player and I have not finished it yet, but I am getting close. :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 408
Points 4,500
Sam replied on Thu, Feb 21 2008 10:57 PM

haha. i got to the last stage in need for speed carbon..couldn't beat the boss though.lol. but need for speed pro street is a little different from the previous titles of the series. i don't like it as much. it feels a little awkward. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

I'm kinda sucky at racing games. :(

My friend's really into the whole NFS series though and it's fun to watch him play!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 508
Points 7,860
peti1212 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2008 11:19 PM

Sam:

haha. i got to the last stage in need for speed carbon..couldn't beat the boss though.lol. but need for speed pro street is a little different from the previous titles of the series. i don't like it as much. it feels a little awkward. 

It is very very akward, but once you give it a try one more time with some thinking that you will like it and give it some time to finish up a few levels you will start liking it. I did not like it at all when I first played it. I though it was the worst need for speed title that I have ever seen.

recoveringknowitall:

I'm kinda sucky at racing games. :(

My friend's really into the whole NFS series though and it's fun to watch him play!

My friend has Need For Speed Most Wanted for his XBOX360 and we always play races together, on who can beat certain things, and stuff. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

I've been wanting to get into racing games more. I like the looks of carbon and also a game called Dirt.

Currently my favorite genres are FPS and RPG... I like both equally, but after Oblivion I haven't seen an RPG come out that's on par with it.

I might pick carbon or pro street up this weekend if I can get my desktop working. :(

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 437
Points 6,450
jtm55 replied on Fri, Feb 22 2008 11:10 AM

Hi All,

Give Dirt a try Recovering, it's a cool game.

ASUS Z7S WS

EVGA 295 GTX

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 RAID 5

Intel Xeon E5420 Harpertown

HT Omega Claro

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX

mushkin 6GB 3 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Harmon Kardon HK 3490 W/ Energy RC 10

LG W3000H-Bn

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07

Plextor PX 755 SA

Windows 7 Ultimate

Areca ARC-1210

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 160
Points 2,380
werty316 replied on Fri, Feb 22 2008 12:24 PM

Its gonna be good to see when EA goes back to the classic roots of what made NFS since their latest NFS games weren't that great.

There is no god, there is only Chuck Norris.
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,142
Points 14,910
frg1 replied on Tue, Mar 4 2008 6:33 AM

maybe a hot pursuit 3

Photobucket
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Points 3,575
wolf2009 replied on Tue, Mar 4 2008 12:01 PM

tried the demo of pro street , cars look awesome . Gameplay is alrite .

My best nfs game till now is most wanted . Love the overbright effect . 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS