rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,155
Points 1,185,205
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2007 6:17 PM

HP’s New Year promo to help gamers pwn opponents in ’08

HP has announced a new promotion for gamers looking to kick more virtual butt in the New Year. This cool config comes at the hot price of just $2,399 and includes the award winning, liquid-cooled HP Blackbird 002 and a ton of other upgrades. The system will begin shipping in January and is available for order immediately at www.hp.com/blackbird.

(Check out our Blackbird review!)

Rahul Sood, CTO of HP Gaming, and his team are proud to be able to offer such a great product for gamers looking to make the best of the New Year. “We love building liquid-cooled systems because they're not only the quietest, they deliver the best overall performance. We believe that Blackbird is far and away ahead of any other products in the market.”

The HP Blackbird 002 bundle features Valve’s The Orange Box, as well as a free upgrade to Microsoft Vista Ultimate. And unlike other gaming systems, the HP Blackbird 002 features removable side panels and a tool-less design, encouraging gamers to mod and upgrade their systems whenever they feel the need. They get it all for $2,399. 

This package includes: 
  • Motherboard: ASUS Striker C55/MCP55
  • CPU: Intel® Core2™ Duo 2.66GHz E6750
  • PSU: 900w
  • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT with 512MB of GDDR3 SDRAM
  • OS: Vista Premium (with free upgrade to Vista Ultimate)
  • Memory: 2 GB  800 MHz CORSAIR PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
  • HDD: 320GB 7200rpm SATA-3G
  • ODD: Super Multi drive with Lightscribe
  • Sound: Integrated  7.1 audio
  • Thermal: Liquid Cooled CPU
  • Orange Box Game Bundle
  • Security Software: AVG Anti-Virus (12 months) 
  • Card Reader: 15 in 1 Card Reader
  • Mouse: Logitech G5 Mouse
  • Keyboard: Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
geekius replied on Mon, Dec 17 2007 9:55 PM
Most of us would most likely build our own for that price. I think most of us here can build an equally nice one for 600 off. I think this would be a perfect gift for someone who no nothing about computer and want to get their childern a gaming computer. I believe that 900w PS is overkill though 750w would do fine. Would this give Dell XPS a run for its money?
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Tue, Dec 18 2007 9:42 AM
Amen to that. I almost got excited about that until I read what it had. pfft Come on now, HP, any enthusiast gamer can do way better than that! And, honestly, a 500w PS could probably run that thing just fine, though they obviously want you to upgrade. But if you know enough to upgrade, why not just save tons of cash and build one

><((((">Lev Astov

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2007 11:51 AM

I just don't quite understand where this $2300 figure it coming from -- unless their liquid cooling is melted gold flowing through the lines or something? Thats WAAAAY too much for those specs....

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS