External Water Cooling Kits

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 135
mythrandyr Posted: Sat, Dec 15 2007 7:19 PM

Hi Guys,

This is a question  that is really bugging me and i need some help with it, If you want to know what my rig is like then i made a post in the "rig" section, sorry but i cant remember the exact name of the section.  Anyways, my question is this.  Scene as i have a Thermaltake Armor LCS super tower case, 1200W thermaltake modular PSU and an Asus Maximus formula SE motherboard i am checking out other cooling solutions scene as my motherboards fusion block is currently air cooled due to the lack of room in the case and that i am looking to upgrade from stock water cooling.

What i was considering doing is buying either the Zalman Resorator 1 V2 external water cooling system or the Zalman Resorator XT Hybrid Liquid Cooling System, however i cant make up my mind on which to go for.

I came here to seek advice and help on the topic so any remarks, ideas or suggestions are welcome,

thanks,

Myth.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 2,048
Points 29,300
kid007 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2007 10:15 PM

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/4379/36/

I personally like the V2 reason is because is kind of style to look like a fan not something that looks like a mini computer if you know what i mean. Hopefully the review would explain you more and clear those "buying thoughts"

MacBook Pro 13.3" LED-Backlit Glossy, Intel "Penryn" Core 2 Duo T8700 - 2.53G, 8GB DDR3 1066, NVIDIA GForce 9400M 1280X800

HTPC 4G DDR3 XMS Corsair, Intel i5-750 Quad Core, 6ft HDMI Cable by Rosewill, AverMedia Tv Card, Gigabyte P55M-UD2,  Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Vapor X Cooling, 500 HD Maxtor 7200 2.5 HDD, Asus Blu-Ray Optical Drive, 46" LED Toshiba TV

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
danks replied on Tue, Feb 19 2008 2:23 PM

I could only ever recommend the resorator if you are looking for a quiet pc with little to no overlocking head room.  If you plan on getting a performance cooler then dont even bother.  The pump is rather weak with very little head pressure and most of the parts are aluminum.

newls1 over at Petra's makes some pretty nice custom external boxes if your looking for something good.  Most of the boxes use Swiftech rads with Laing pumps.  Not the nicest looking solution but very effective.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS