Dell Launches WoW Version of XPS Laptop

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,393
Points 1,192,595
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2007 2:45 PM
Are you a real World of Warcraft fan? Do you read the fan fiction, own the figurines and have a WoW desktop background? Can't get enough of the Warcraft universe and you want to take it with you everywhere you go and your laptop just ain't cutting it? Dell has exactly what you need.

Today, Dell is announcing the XPS M1730 World of Warcraft Edition. However, this isn't just any XPS M1730 series notebook with a WoW Edition badge slapped on. Dell, in collaboration with Blizzard, took a loaded XPS M1730 and gave it a serious makeover. Two different lid designs are available for Horde and Alliance players.

Dell XPS M1730 WoW Edition (Horde)

In addition to the redesigned chassis, the World of Warcraft Edition XPS M1730 also comes with a World of Warcraft backpack full of goodies including retail copies of both WoW and the Burning Crusade, the official WoW audio soundtrack, World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade paperback novels, strategy guides, and a behind the scenes DVD titled "The Making of WoW".

If that isn't enough WoW for you, customers will also receive a Quest Envelope in the mail which ships separately from the system. Inside you'll find an upgrade certificate that allows you to upgrade your account to a "Collectors Edition Account" giving you the same privileges as owners of the Collectors Edition version of WoW, including the special in-game pet. The Quest Envelope also contains a Golden Ticket that allows you to get a special custom action figure based on your in-game WoW character, for free, just like those lucky souls that pre-ordered the game. That's not all, the last item included in the Quest Envelope will surely make all of your guild members turn green with envy. You will receive an official Blizzard key card with five keys that can be used to gain access to beta tests for future WoW games!

All of this doesn't come cheaply and the XPS M1730 World of Warcraft Edition will set you back $4,499. Of course, with all of this exclusive WoW content, it's easy to forget that you also get a high-end gaming notebook packed with the latest hardware. Not familiar with the XPS M1730? Don't worry, we have a in-depth review on the way so keep your eyes open.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
Lol, I'm not a WoW nut or anything but I guess I personally cannot see the benefit of doing such a thing.

I AM a Halo nut however and i can safely say I wouldn't pay more for a custom case and some screen shots....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,631
Points 55,235
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Dec 5 2007 2:27 PM
A HotHardware Edition ???!!?! LOL

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Does anyone think they will even sell 1000 of those laptops at that price???

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 437
Points 6,450
jtm55 replied on Thu, Dec 6 2007 10:03 AM

Hi All,

Recovering, I don't think they'll sell 500. The price that Dell's asking is insane!

ASUS Z7S WS

EVGA 295 GTX

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 RAID 5

Intel Xeon E5420 Harpertown

HT Omega Claro

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX

mushkin 6GB 3 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Harmon Kardon HK 3490 W/ Energy RC 10

LG W3000H-Bn

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07

Plextor PX 755 SA

Windows 7 Ultimate

Areca ARC-1210

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,680
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Fri, Dec 7 2007 12:14 AM
9M WoW players at the moment means Dell would only have to convert 0.00011% of the community and they'd sell $1000. I'd bet they could do it (if they're producing that many.)

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,063
Points 10,760
Grahf replied on Thu, Dec 20 2007 4:45 AM

recoveringknowitall:

Does anyone think they will even sell 1000 of those laptops at that price???

You must not know many MMORPGers. They'll break their piggy bank and risk the light of day coming out of their mom's basement for one of those babies.

I beat the Internet... the end guy was hard

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

I was halfway bein sarcastic... the laptop just doesn't seem worth 5k to me!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS