Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,190
Points 1,186,155
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2007 5:29 PM

Just in case you're the type who like to jump right down to the news, we wanted to let you all know that we have just posted a new article here at HotHardware.com in which we evaluate the features and performance of the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive.  Here’s quote from the article...

“Seagate’s Barracuda 7200.11 drive has been on the radar for quite some time, and as of now, it appears to be shipping in volume. The 7200.11 family (named as the 11th-generation of 7,200 RPM hard disks) allows for storage capacities up to 1000GB/1TB and cache sizes up to a whopping 32 MB, along with the latest Seagate generation of technologies for fine-tuned performance and acoustics. Seagate has kindly provided their new flagship desktop drive to us for a round of testing against some similarly classed hard drive designs.”

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
RAMilewski replied on Thu, May 29 2008 11:38 PM

Just got one of these from NewEgg.com for use in a Mac Pro.   Huge disappointment.   It reports itself as model ST3_INVALID_PFM.  A quick Google search indicates it needs a firmware reflash, and that can only happen on a PC.    ...and NewEgg has a 15% restocking fee for refunds.   Wanna bet that the replacement will have the same problem?

So... I guess there's a Western Digital, Hitachi, or Samsung drive in my future.   ...after I find a new supplier.

-- RAM

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005
I too have decided never to buy Seagate ragain.  I have one now, and I'm not happy with it.  Plus considering I need higher capacity than my current 300gb, I've been looking at the 640gb Western Digital.  I'm waiting for the contest to end before I order it though.  Because I'd still be happy with a WD 500gb intead.Big Smile

Hello

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

RAMilewski:

Just got one of these from NewEgg.com for use in a Mac Pro.   Huge disappointment.   It reports itself as model ST3_INVALID_PFM.  A quick Google search indicates it needs a firmware reflash, and that can only happen on a PC.    ...and NewEgg has a 15% restocking fee for refunds.   Wanna bet that the replacement will have the same problem?

So... I guess there's a Western Digital, Hitachi, or Samsung drive in my future.   ...after I find a new supplier.

-- RAM

I take it you don't have a buddy with a pc?

I've never had any issues with seagate.  I like them and WD, but they are usually the only drives I buy.  I'd love to get my hands on a Samsung.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS