Laptop Crashes when Moved

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
compuman Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2007 10:45 PM

Hi there, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1130 2.0GHz with 256 MB, I have now stripped it down to only the MoBo. It runs perfect till you just slightly move the board and it shuts down completly. I reboot  but like I said just try to move that board in any way and it will shut down. I had one person say that I could try to resolder because he thought that one of the resistors is probably loose and when the board is flexed it looses connection. Has anyone any suggestions on this issue ? Yes I have checked the power supply where it plugs into the board and I have tried with no power supply and just the battery and there is no difference. Like I said, there is nothing left on the board, just the fan and it runs when it needs to !! Hopefully someone will help because it's a hard board to locate. Part Number. PS113C 05QGP.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator
You could spend hours eyeballing the mobo with a magnifying-glass and still not find the bad connection, compuman. Most likely you will need to replace the board.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
compuman replied on Thu, Nov 1 2007 10:14 PM

Thanks Super Dave, I appreciate you coming back with your opinion. I have lots of time on my hands so maybe I will just go over some of the soldered areas and i know there a lot of them. Thanks again and I will let you know how I make out with it

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

You are very welcome, compuman! The trouble might not just be limited to the solder joints, though. If one of those very fine circuit 'ribbons' is broken, it could be nearly impossible to locate, and if you have a dual-layer motherboard there may be 'invisible' circuits. Good luck.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS