This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,356
Points 48,595
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C Posted: Thu, Jul 12 2007 11:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

We’ve just posted a new article at HotHardware in which we evaluate the features, overclockability, and performance of Gigabyte’s over the top GA-N680SLI-DQ6.  Here’s a snip from the piece…

“In this article, we're going to showcase yet another Gigabyte-built mobo - the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 - that seemingly out does every other desktop motherboard in a number of key areas.  How do four Gigabit LAN controllers, 10 SATA ports, 100% solid-state capacitors, and a unique wrap-around, passive, cooling apparatus strike you?  And did we mention the board is based on NVIDIA's nForce 680i SLI chipset and has three full length, PCI Express x16 slots for multi-GPU action?”

You can check out the rest of the article right here.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,543
Points 54,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Jul 13 2007 9:01 PM

THAT, is one PHAT motherboard!   I want one, ya hardware havin' HO!  Big Smile

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 419
Points 4,730

ok read the article now and still....   Two I can see, but why four LAN ports?  I understand that maybe you would want this sort of thing for a LAN and a separated internet connections as I do here in my work space, however 4 is a lil much.  The board is good looking and clearly a performer tho, so maybe they are anticipating it to be a 'do's it all' board, and your networking hub all in one? 

AMD X6 1100T - MSI 750-G55 - 16GB Patriot Viper II - nVidia GTX 470 - SB XFi Titanium>JVC A-X9>JBL Control Monitor 4312A

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,543
Points 54,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Jul 15 2007 9:28 AM

Agree there.  Basically there is no reason for having 4 Gig-E ports. I'm sure it just adds cost.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS