Question For Davo

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 2,190
Overclocking Junkie Posted: Sat, Apr 1 2000 11:38 AM
What happens to all this hardware after you review it? I've always wondered that. Thanx for the help. And how did you get involved in all of this (the site and stuff)? It's something I'd love to do, I just haven't really known where to start.

--Overclocking Junkie
--Overclocking Junkie

I'll leave it to this: My OC'd System rocks, and I spend my days staring at my Sony F500R 21"er
  • | Post Points: 230
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 100
Yeah...it's kind of something I'd like to do as well. Seems like fun, plus I enjoy web design too

Do you get the review samples for free? How much money do you get from advertising??

Thanks
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 300
Cyric replied on Sun, Apr 2 2000 6:43 PM
Well, you know Davo.. if your getting all this free hardware, and have no use for it after you've reviewed it, you *could* send some of it my way.. ya know, I'm an avid reader and all, and I'd really apreciate it..

hehe...
Cyric the Immortal.
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 2,190
No no no no. The first member (NOT junior member) of this forum should receive an honorary piece of hardware. Now, let's see, who could that first member be......

But seriously, what happens to the pieces of hardware after you review them? I'd be willing to buy a SLIGHTLY used piece of hardware...

--Overclocking Junkie
--Overclocking Junkie

I'll leave it to this: My OC'd System rocks, and I spend my days staring at my Sony F500R 21"er
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 100
Come on man - give us some info here!

I'm more interested in how things with the site actually got started...was it a case of starting a little page reviewing bits of your own system? Then the site gets pretty popular and....how do you go about getting the review samples?

I really am interested. As I say - this is the kind of thing I really would like to get into.
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 2,190
Same here Davo. Thatz why I started this post! By the way, we don't care about the fifth here. We got our own Bill of Rights, and the fifth states:
Quote:

Davo must answer all reasonable questions asked by true hardware fanatics.
HEY! Thatz us! Hehe.

--Overclocking Junkie

[This message has been edited by Overclocking Junkie (edited 04-02-2000).]
--Overclocking Junkie

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 100
Weeee I'm a member

Sounds fair though OCJ
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,881
Points 22,540
Venom replied on Mon, Apr 3 2000 10:18 AM
Well cool new forum, I first found out about this site lets see 2 months ago. Since then ive come here every day. And i mean every day. I think this is the best hardware site on the net. Before i used to go to tomshardware and other sites but now its just this one! I know html and im thinking of starting my own hardware site since i LOVE hardware. Man i had internet for a year and i know more about computers then my Dad thats been a programer for over 13 years. If u put hardware for sales on your site it be the best thing u ever did. I cant wait. cough cough why not free =) or maybe have contests on your site. Come on im not that rich =0). Well anyways nice job on the site. Ill be here every day. (gonna go write some pore stuff in other posts)

-Venom- hehe forgot to tell ya guys im only 15 =0)
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 1,480
Starting a hardware site is hard, and keeping it going is even harder. I've got mine going at www.hardwarewizards.cjb.net and so far things are going pretty well, but it does take up alot of time. I've got a few open positions at my site so if any of you guys are interested drop me a line at thewizard@hardwarewizards.cjb.net

------------------
-thewizard
www.hardwarewizards.cjb.net
-thewizard
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,881
Points 22,540
Venom replied on Mon, Apr 3 2000 5:28 PM
LoL let me see how much time a day i got to spare..... 45 minutes plus 4pm-11pm.... ahh around 8 hours. =0) dont mess with me man lol. Im gonna start a small site like yours wizzy also. Just dont know when. Ahh man gotta go find mr photoshop so i can make some graphics. Personaly i think thats the hardest part, the graphic work. The html is pretty simple and dosnt take to long to do. And with my dads help i can make databases for e-bisness sites but dont need that for a hardware site. Maybe i can use some of his programing skills =0).

Davo dont worry soon youll be trying to kick me off this forum.... ill be here every day =0) ill be more then a regular! As for the contest thing... thats cool. Tell us as soon as u got news on that. *SO HAPPY CANT WAIT!* Ill stick around also..... dont u worry =0). I LIKE TOYS ESPECIAL NICE EXPENCIVE ONES! =0) but then again who dont....? Ahh a good idia poped into my head, can i be an admin =o), just tell me what u want me to do as one and ill do it with my best. If u dont really need one its fine.... i just wanna be one of em special people on your site.... so i can FEEL SPECIAL! =0)

Venom
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,881
Points 22,540
Venom replied on Mon, Apr 3 2000 5:31 PM
Any of u make fun of me and ill kick your ASS! *somehow over the net* =0) have a nice day,

Venom
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 1,480
I think our boy Venom here had a little too much coffee this morning....

------------------
-thewizard
-thewizard
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 100
wizard - the site looks pretty good but 1 thing I would say is ditch the times new roman font. I don't know..it might just be a pet hate, I but I really think it makes a page look far less...'proffesional'. Small Arial (size 10 or so) usually works really well. Just a suggestion mind, please don't take offense!

BTW - how many hits is the site getting?
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 2,190
VENOM,
Calm down man! Jeeeezzzz..... we want to make this enjoyable, let's not go all crazy on us! If this is a regular thing I might have to, uh, well, ummmm, do something . Let's just make this a forum where everybody can have fun and let their thoughts and questions be known (I'm getting real sappy here, better wrap this up soon....)

Anyway, THINK BEFORE YOU POST!, unless you're going on a rant against WinTel

--Overclocking Junkie
--Overclocking Junkie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,881
Points 22,540
Venom replied on Mon, Apr 3 2000 9:12 PM
HEHE ok ok im sorry. I had to get my happienes out somehow. WOOO! No more posts like that i promice =0) I do think before i post..... thats why its like that =0) see if i dont really think like im doing now it looks all quiet and well not as crazzy. =0) .... just joking. Most of that post was me joking if u didnt know that yet.

Im a funny guy just like to joke around ones in a while =0),
Venom
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 2,190
Yea, I know..... just setting an example to any other freak who feels he has to do crap like that on a regular basis !

--Overclocking Junkie
--Overclocking Junkie

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 195
Gradius replied on Wed, Apr 12 2000 4:33 PM
A phorum is like a CPU...if ya can't think ya can't POST =)
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS