More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW

Today was a day of days; the last day of our vacation and simply perfect.  Yesterday we were graced with the presence of none other than Marco and his lovely wife, Adrienne.  The weather was exceptional and so we took to the high seas for a little cruising, fishing and soaking up just a few stray UVs.  Alright then, a bit of perspective is in order I guess.  I'm the son of a commercial Lobster Fisherman and was fortunate enough to spend the better part of my boyhood on the water. So when folks say they want to go fishing with you, it's sort of like an invitation to show somebody around your old stomping grounds.  What fun!  And of course, since technically we work together as well, the whole day of revelry and debauchery becomes an excuse to blow off work!  I'm going to get misty here I think...

You know, for a city boy, ol' BW handles himself pretty well on the water too.  And his lady-friend, well she caught the most fish.  So that about tells you how the Chiappettas roll.  I do have one small quip... When you're a native "Capey", you're use to seeing tourist folks strapping on the obligatory lobster bib when sitting down for a seafood feast, just so they don't get "messy".  Boy, that's not lobster juice squirtin' at ya.  That's what we call cologne down here!

OK, OK, I had to slap on the bib with El' Wopo because, you know, I'm a good wingman like that.  Can't let a brother look like a tourist-goober all alone.  That just ain't right, so there you go.  Dual tourist bibs rockin' it at Clancy's Fish 'n Chips.  And folks, that was one ex-lobster when Marco got done with it.  Here's to summer and a little decompression.

Cheers!
Dave

Posted Sat, Jul 12 2008 12:37 AM by Dave_HH

Comments

ice_73 wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Thu, Jul 17 2008 7:14 PM

ive never really tried lobster, but i love sushi and sashimi. glad to see you guys are enjoying the summer.

Dave_HH wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Fri, Jul 18 2008 9:44 AM

You don't know what you're missing, Ice!  If you love sushi, (so do we by the way), you'll dig lobster big time!

Savage Animal wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Sun, Jul 20 2008 11:59 PM

I have to second that Ice. My wife and I both love sushi, we eat it at least once a week, but it can't hold a candle to lobster. By the way Lobster is available in sushi as well; like a lobster roll for instance, and Kani is crab, which is one of the best rolls I've ever had.

I highly recommend that you find a good seafood restaurant in your area and take your girl. Get some lobster, it will be the best meal you've ever had. If  the whole lobster scares you then just order the tail but it is not the same thing.  Also Red Lobster doesn't count, the only chain that serves decent seafood is Legal Seafood, but I would still find a real seafood restaurant in your area.

Glad to see you guy's enjoying your summer Davo, I hope the rest of the summer turns out just a fun!

Dave_HH wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Mon, Jul 21 2008 10:43 PM

Thanks Savage, bud!   Twas a good time down ol' Cape Cod for sure.  Stay tuned for more blog posts of madness and mayhem! :)

ice_73 wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Mon, Jul 28 2008 1:47 PM

hmm, i recently started making my own sushi. i guess i will go to some decent restaurant and have a try at lobsters. though i love seafood, one thing i refuse to eat is eel (i had a pet eel when i was a kid ). one thing i want to try is fugu (puffer fish) its very rare, and because of us laws which are very strict on fugu there is no danger in eating it (if you can find it!)

nelsoncp21 wrote re: More Summer Kickback, The Grand Finale With BW and Mrs. BW
on Sat, Aug 2 2008 8:00 PM

I can't say I am a big fan of lobster myself. Being born and raised in maryland I love my steamed crabs though. Lobster to me is to plain. But to each his own. Up by ya'll lobster is a big deal so I understand where your coming from cause most people who aren't from the MD area have no taste for crabs and I think they are crazy. Just like I can't stand steamed shrimp that don't have old bay on them.

Love the bibs though!