MSI GT683R-242US With GeForce GTX 560M Review
NVIDIA introduced the GeForce GTX 560M at Computex a few weeks ago. This GPU is the first GTX-class GPU in the 500 series. All GeForce 500M GPUs support DirectX 11 and offer a variety of NVIDIA features such as NVIDIA PhysX, NVIDIA 3D Vision, NVIDIA Optimus technology, 3DTV Play and support for NVIDIA's Verde drivers. The GPU also includes CUDA-support for GPU computing applications.
MSI is among the first of the notebook manufacturers to ship a notebook with the GeForce GTX 560M. Although MSI's GT683R doesn't include Optimus technology, all of NVIDIA's other key features are supported. The GPU in the MSI GT683R also features 1.5GB GDDR5 memory.
Key specifications for the GeForce GTX 560M are as follows:
Source: NVIDIA Corp.
The GeForce GTX 560M is outfitted with 192 CUDA cores and clocks in at 775MHz, with 1550MHz shaders, and 1250MHz GDDR5 memory, with capacities of 1.5GB or 3GB depending on the notebook's configuration. The memory rides on a (up to) 192-bit bus, with peak bandwidth of up to 60GB/s. We'll take a closer look at how the GeForce GTX 560M performs in the coming pages.
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...368k
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...363k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...350k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...272k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...167k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...158k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...157k