Computex 2007: Intel, Kingston, Foxconn, Gigabyte
While inspecting Hall 2 today, we saw Gigabyte’s cartoon mascot and decided to take another walk through their booth, this time focusing on their new, non-motherboard products.
We immediately noticed that Gigabyte was showing off some new processor heatsink fan designs. Most interesting of which is named the Gigabyte Volar. As you can see from the pictures, the heatsink is tilted at a 45 degree angle, so that the exhaust air can more easily exit the system as well as cool the motherboard MOSFETs in the process.
We then moved on to Gigabyte’s two new power supplies, the Thor 1200W and the Odin GT 800W. The Odin GT was particularly innovative because it comes with a software suite called P-Tuner that lets you look at current and peak wattage use, voltages, fan speeds, and temperatures while in Windows.
Next up was Gigabyte’s new UMPC, the U60. The U60 runs a full version of Windows XP, is based on a 1GHz VIA C7-M CPU, has 768MB of DDR2-533 on board, a
The U60’s screen is a touch display but the notebook like mouse surface at the right corner of the screen makes browsing websites very easy. Although the keyboard looks small, it was not difficult to type with once we got the hang of it. Of course, there is a drawback, and that is the fact that the U60 won’t be available in the
And finally we were able to check out Gigabyte’s new HTPC, the GB-MEC. Based on Intel’s Core 2 Duo Mobile CPU (Socket M), the GB-MEC uses the ATI RS600ME chipset with the SB600 south bridge, has an integrated Radeon Xpress 1300 graphics chip, is WIFI enabled, supports HDMI, and has a built in Blu-Ray disc drive.
Looking at the back of the GB-MEC, we see it has DVI, VGA, HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, PS/2, RCA, S-Video, Cable in, SPDIF, and audio ports, in addition to its four USB 2.0 ports; not bad for an HTPC.
- Ditching My iPhone For The Samsung...61
- HotHardware And Syber Spring Fling...38
- Watch Tesla’s 691hp Model S P85D Going...11
- Square Enix Witch Chapter Real-Time CG...10
- 83-Year-Old Man Hit With $24,000 Charge...9
- Windows 10 Marks Official Death Of Media...9
- Xbox Founder Believes PlayStation 4 Will...8
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...369k
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...364k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...350k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...274k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...168k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...158k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...158k