T-Mobile G2x Announced By LG, Brings Tegra 2 And Froyo

If you haven't noticed, T-Mobile USA is taking part in this week's CTIA Wireless 2011 event, and while AT&T will likely become the new parent, the carrier has to simply continue on for now until the deal is passed. At the show, the company is introducing a new phone courtesy of LG, the T-Mobile G2x. It's T-Mob's first smartphone to feature a dual-core processor, and it instantly becomes one of the most attractive Android options on the company's airwaves.

It's a "4G" smartphone, meaning that it supports T-Mobile's increasing HSPA+ rollouts. There's also an NVIDIA Tegra 2 mobile CPU, a 4" capacitive touch panel and Need for Speed SHIFT HD loaded on. There's also a boost in audio quality, with DTS Ultra Mobile included. T-Mobile TV is also onboard, offering live and on-demand TV including news, sports and full-length entertainment, plus full episodes of your favorite shows. For avid readers, the Zinio eReader acts as a preloaded newsstand, and if you're into video calling, T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik will get that done (through Wi-Fi or T-Mobile's 3G/4G network).

In addition, the G2x will include NVIDIA’s Tegra Zone application, which provides quick access to games optimized for the Tegra 2’s dual-core architecture, which is built to handle the performance requirements of mobile games that use PC and console quality graphics features. There's an 8MP rear-facing camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, DLNA streaming support, Android 2.2 (Froyo), access to the Android Market, Swype, 8GB of internal memory, a microSD card slot, Bluetooth 2.1, a 3.5mm headphone port and Adobe's Flash player. The G2x should be available later in the spring, and while pricing isn't mentioned, we'd guess it'll list for around $200 on contract.
Via:  Business Wire
Comments
coolice 3 years ago

thats a 4inch screen.... Look at the bottom section of the phone.... ITS HUGE... this is going to be one big phone

rapid1 3 years ago

coolice that is a good point I would say at least 4.5-5 inches up and down across the front and back thats pretty large especially for a pocket. It is a pretty nice looking smart phone though, and has some nice components minus the T-mobile At&t combination if it goes through. I don't know my brother uses At&t and never has any issues here I will say that for them. The thing with this one and me is this, from what I understand you will most likely have to get a new phone if that deal goes through this year. So buying a top end smart phone and having to upgrade (not by choice but by default to retain service) kind of stinks as far as I am concerned really. It is kind of getting a top end phone on Metro PCs which I just checked on. Not only is the phone smaller than 4-4.3 inches which I consider to be the default for an Android smart phone now, but the display is not as good as the other phones, and it is $499.00.

DScheive 3 years ago

so this is this weeks smart phone? i think the one they make next week will be better :P lol

rapid1 3 years ago

Rofl DScheive good one. There do seem to be a phone a week on Android Winmo units don't they especially the last few months up until now. Some weeks it has been 4-10. I mean discount all the conventions and they are still rolling in anew like molasses slow and steady (as well as sticky especially a few).

Drake_McNasty 3 years ago

yeah, this looks a little to big for my taste. Nice specs though and it's cool that it comes preloaded with a game. But I'm staying far away from t-mobile if they are going to have any kind of ties with at&t!

HHGrrl 3 years ago

This phone definitely has some attractive specs, though the extra bulk at the bottom takes away from the phone's beauty. Wonder why there's the extra bulk?