An Australian anti-virus software firm, PC Tools, has warned that the software could be abused by identity fraudsters trying to harvest people's personal details online. The Russian site denied it was intended for identity fraud.
The program, so far available only in Russian, will go on sale around February 15, just after St Valentine's Day, said the CyberLover.ru website.
"Not a single girl has yet realized that she was communicating with a program!" it said, adding that the program could also simulate virtual sex online.
"It's happened - a program to tempt girls over the internet!" said the site. "Within half an hour the CyberLover program will introduce you to ... girls, exchange photos and perhaps even a contact phone number," it states.
The program can be reconfigured to fool male chatroom users too. But then again, I imagine 75% of the "hot women" in chatrooms are fat guys in their mother's basements anyway. The other 25% are probably law enforcement looking for men looking for underage "hot women."
|HotHardware EVGA Tegra Note Tablet...||137|
|Console Buyers Beware: Teen Gets...||17|
|NSA Spies Go Virtual, Snooping On World...||13|
|Beware: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility...||13|
|2 Million Gmail, Facebook and Twitter...||11|
|EA Shares Take Shrapnel on Battlefield 4...||8|
|Google Pushing Out OTA Android 4.4.2...||7|