Nokia Surge Lands On AT&T July 19th For $80
Sure, the Surge has a pull-out QWERTY keyboard, a Web browser with Flash support and a built-in JuiceCaster application for easy access to Facebook and Twitter, but the relatively tiny screen and lackluster user interface makes this whole "smartphone" thing a real stretch. Whatever the case, the phone also boasts a 2MP camera, 3G data/voice support, MMS support, AT&T Video Share/Navigator, and a portal for downloading new applications.
Nokia claims that this here phone is engineered to suit those who are obsessed with social networks, but we're not totally convinced. Still, we'd be pretty down with the idea if it weren't for those pesky (and expensive data plans), but those who dig it more than us can buy one on July 19th for $79.99 after all rebates and a new 2-year agreement.
The Nokia Surge offers multimedia and entertainment features, including:
- - 2.0 megapixel camera - Customers can capture quality photos with color camera and 4X digital zoom
- - AT&T Navigator - AT&T Navigator provides audible turn-by-turn directions, monitors traffic and alerts users when there is a slowdown or incident
- - AT&T Mobile Music - Customers can listen and download their favorite music from Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, XM Radio and more over the air
- - AT&T Video Share - The first-ever service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
- - JuiceCaster - Customers can share videos and pictures from their wireless device to the Web's most popular sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
The Nokia Surge will be available through select AT&T retail locations or at www.wireless.att.com for 79.99 USD with a two-year service agreement and after a mail-in rebate. (Pay 129.99 USD and after mail-in rebate receive 50.00 USD AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement for wireless voice plan of 39.99 USD a month or higher and data plan of 30.00 USD a month or more required for rebate.) For more information, please go to www.att.com/nokiasurge. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.