Atom-based, you say? MSI
has you covered. Historically, Atom
CPUs have wound up in netbooks more often than not, but we're starting to see more and more Atom-based desktop solutions as well. The MSI I3-945GSE-D is a fanless motherboard that's designed for Atom-based layouts, with this one in particular using an Atom N270 and the Intel 945GSE chipset.
It's obviously meant for low-power applications, and it can support DC 9V ~ 36V inputs, multiple displays (VGA) and a full range of I/O, including GPIO, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 5 RS-232 COM connectors, and a powered SATA connector. It also supports DDR2 DSRAM (SO-DIMM) up to 2GB, and there's a single mini-PCIe slot for expansion options. MSI hasn't released a price nor a release date just yet, though.
MSI I3-945GSE-D Fanless 3.5" Mainboard with Atom-based Solution
?Taipei, Taiwan?In the view of the demand for an ultra mini size platform with fanless design strongly inquired from customers, MSI IPC announces the latest 3.5" small form factor, I3-945GSE-D, based on the Intel® Atom N270 processor and the Intel® 945GSE chipset which gives devices based on it enhanced graphics and power-saving capabilities.
MSI I3-945GSE-D is fanless and comes to meet the requirements of an ultra-low power platform, especially in power input design, MSI I3-945GSE-D support wide range DC 9V ~ 36V inputs, and it also supports for numerous display, includes VGA and LVDS.
MSI I3-945GSE-D is a premium, industrial 3.5" small form factor mainboard touting an impressive feature set for its size. The board offers a full range of I/O, including GPIO, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 5 RS-232 COM connectors, and a powered SATA connector. It supports SO-DIMM memory slots for DDR2 SDRAM and up to 2GB. Networking is provided by one Intel 82574L GbE LAN. Moreover, it features one compact flash slot and one mini-PCIe slot for easy expansion. It also supports onboard watchdog timer for added system redundancy and security. MSI I3-945GSE-D has onboard power and a fanless design, making it an excellent all-in-one, high-end solution for use in custom enclosures and embedded applications.
1. CPU and Chipset: Intel® Atom N270 processor and Intel® 945GSE chipset
2. Wide Range Voltage Input for DC Sku (9~36V)
3. Memory: DDR2 400/533 SO-DIMM, maximum up to 2.0 GB
4. VGA Interface: built-in Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
5. LVDS interface: Onboard 24-bit Dual channel LVDS connector.
6. SATA: one SATAII interface with 3Gb/s transfer rate.
7. LAN Interface: Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet .
8. Audio: Realtek ALC887 HD audio codec
9. GPIO interface: Onboard 8-bit Digital I/O interface.
10. Extended interface: CF Slot and Mini-PCIe slot