Mozilla Releases Firefox 4 RC For Android And Maemo

It's a big, bit week for Mozilla. Despite the fact that Microsoft also introduced Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 4 has also launched this week, but the war of the desktop browsers is just the start. There's also a growing battle on the mobile side, and with more and more browsers creating new versions for mobile operating systems, consumers have more options than ever. Mozilla is obviously taking Firefox 4 to the mobile side, with Firefox 4 RC for Android and Maemo released today.

It's available in over ten languages, and can be downloaded today. This release offers faster scrolling, better responsiveness with Firefox Sync and improves the overall user experience of Firefox. Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo brings the performance and customization of Firefox to mobile devices with features like Firefox Sync, Awesome Screen, tabbed browsing and Firefox Add-ons, to create a personalized and effortless mobile browsing experience.

Mozilla's working closely with Add-On developers to make sure things remain compatible, but we suspect some quirks will happen for early adopters. Have you given it a download on your own phone? Let us know how it works out for you!
Via:  Mozilla
Tags:  Firefox, Mozilla, Browser
Comments
inspector 3 years ago

I like the ui on this. Pretty neat. Iphone anytime soon? :D

omegadraco 3 years ago

I had some issues with the earlier release of Firefox on my Android phone but have not tried this version out yet. I love Firefox on my desktop computer and again had some issues with 4 Beta 7 But have not had the chance to try the full release yet.

infinityzen1 3 years ago

Will try this myself.

OSunday 3 years ago

I Love in the video he said "you can acess it directly from your awesome screen"

I just download this on my android and im about to test it out, what I'm most looking forward too is acessing my bookmarks since on my desktop I use chrome and im yet to find a way to sync/use my chrome bookmarks with a mobile browser

Alto 3 years ago

I would really like to see this on Windows Phone 7. Pretty neat.

KAdair 3 years ago

WOW so will firefox ever come to iphone4? u can manage add-ons and how it looks safari sux

RMedley 3 years ago

The desktop model is decent, but I really see nothing to special which I hate to say. I have actually gravitated more to Chrome. I use FF to check email because the multi client on Chrome is nowhere near as good. As far as a mobile browser last one I used was Dolphin HD on my Epic Last October. Hopefully I will be getting a Smart phone shortly. I am trying to see what I like best, the last one should be up shortly (at least for now the Galaxy S2 and the Bionic). I am probably either gonna get the Nexus S or EVO 3D on Sprint though.

rmstiles09 3 years ago

For some reason I can't download it on my phone, all I am getting is an error stating that. "The requested item could not be found." Is anyone else having this problem?

HHGrrl 3 years ago

Looks sweet! Can't wait to check it out!

rapid1 3 years ago