There aren't too many people who own iPhone
4 handsets and yet still have no case; Apple was handing them out for free for a couple of months, after all. But if you need something different, or just a case that does a little more than your average case, Mophie
has something of the sort. The company has just introduced the juice pack plus, their 2nd-generation iPhone 4 juice pack product and the largest to date in terms of battery capacity.
It's a sleek and slender case, looking a lot like an Apple
iPhone Bumper with a backplate. It has a 2,000 mAh battery capacity, which trumps all other juice packs to date. In keeping with mophie’s award-winning juice pack design, the juice pack plus is ultra-thin and light-weight, providing protection and now even more power for the iPhone 4 while adding only 1 mm of thickness when compared to the original juice pack air design. That's a pretty minor price to pay for double the battery life, and it also acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 4 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality.
It's available now in black, but will soon ship in cyan, magenta, and yellow as well. It's $99.95, and if you burn through your iPhone 4 battery life frequently, it's probably well worth it.
mophie Announces juice pack plus for iPhone 4
New innovation in juice pack line provides enhanced power and protection
Santa Ana, Calif. (Dec. 2, 2010) – mophie™ today announced the availability of the juice pack plus, an enhanced capacity iPhone 4 battery case that will more than double the time iPhone users have to rock, talk and surf. The plus is mophie’s second rechargeable external battery case designed for the iPhone 4, and has a 2,000 mAh battery capacity, the largest of any juice pack case produced to date.
In keeping with mophie’s award-winning juice pack design, the juice pack plus is ultra-thin and light-weight, providing protection and now even more power for the iPhone 4 while adding only 1 mm of thickness when compared to the original juice pack air design. The juice pack plus boasts a 2,000 mAh charging capacity, offering iPhone 4 power users with more than double the battery life on-the-go, and features enhanced design elements including a dual injected rubber grip for extra hold.
“The juice pack plus provides the most battery capacity we’ve put into a juice pack battery case, yet it only adds 1 mm of thickness,” said Susan Schedel, vice president of sales and marketing for mophie. “The plus is an example of how mophie is constantly working to evolve the juice pack line and provide Apple users with choices and added functionality, while maintaining a smart and sleek design that is expected from iPhone users.”
The juice pack plus for iPhone 4 is now available for purchase on www.mophie.com for $99.95, and will soon be available in AT&T stores nationwide. Key features and benefits include:
* More than Doubles Battery Life – 2,000 mAh capacity, advanced battery technology delivers an incredible amount of “juice” in a small form factor, more than doubling battery life while only adding 1 mm of thickness. Users will experience:
o Up to 8 additional hours talk time on 3G; 16 hours 2G
o Up to 7 additional hours internet use on 3G; 11 hours WiFi
o Up to 44 hours additional audio playback
o Up to 11 hours video playback
* Acoustic Sound Enhancement – The juice pack plus design acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 4 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality.
* Choice of Color – The juice pack plus is available initially in black, but will soon come in three other colors, allowing you to choose the case that matches your style, including cyan, magenta, yellow and black.
* Pass-through USB – Included USB cable enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPhone 4 to iTunes without having to remove it from the juice pack plus.
* Standby/Charging Switch: Features a simple toggle switch that allows for standby and charging mode so you only have to use the juice pack plus battery when you need it.
* Efficient Electronics – Embedded electronics results in no signal interference with the iPhone 4.
* 4 Light LED Battery Status Indicator – An integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much “juice” is left and also displays how much time remains during the charging process.
The mophie juice pack plus is now available in black at mophie.com for $99.95—cyan, magenta, and yellow versions will be coming in the near future. For additional information regarding the mophie juice pack line of products, please visit http://www.mophie.com