Lenovo Unveils Atom-Based IdeaPad S10 Netbook
Lenovo has just announced a new line-up of IdeaPad S10 netbooks built around Intel's Atom CPU. Like many of the other members of Lenovo's IdeaPad product family, the S10 netbooks are available in a variety of colors and in a few different configurations. Take a look...
- IdeaPad S10 “netbook” with a high glossy and multi color options design
- Red, White & Black colors in the US
- Starts at $399, two configurations. The $399 unit has 512MB / 80G HDD and the $449.99 unit is 1GB / 160G HDD.
- Windows XP Preloaded
- Shipping in September in the US.In some countries there will be 9” versions different colors and Linux preloads.
- LED back light 10” for Power saving
- Advanced Thermal Engineering to reduce heat emitted from the palm rests and underside of the laptop.
- Form factor optimized (250.2x183x22-27.5mm, lightest configuration of 1.1 kg)
- Large Panel 10.2” wide, LED backlight 1024x600 WSVGA
- Intel Integrated Graphics GMA 950
- Processors and Chipset
- Intel N270 CPU 1.6 GHz & Intel 945GSE Chipset
- Large HDD capacity 160G 9.5mm 2.5” SATA HDD (5400 rpm)
- Battery up to 3 hrs. w/ 3 cell Battery & Up to 6 hrs. w/ 6 cell
- Integrated 1.3M Camera
- 2 stereo speakers
- Multi-touch Pad & near full size Keyboard (85% full size)
- Integrated Wireless 802.11 b/g,10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth
- Express card slot for WWAN expansion
- Up to 2-GB Memory
- 4in1 Multi-card Reader
We hope to bring you a full review of one of Lenovo's new IdeaPad S10 netbooks in the not too distant future.