Fujitsu Adds Touch To LifeBook T5010 Convertible Tablet PC
"The LifeBook T5010 convertible tablet PC represents our initial offering in a line of dual digitizer convertibles that take advantage of the advanced capabilities of the anticipated Windows 7 operating system. The benefit of touch is that it's intuitive and practical. Consumers, mobile professionals and students will immediately see the value and convenience it adds to the computing experience," said Paul Moore, senior director of mobile product management, Fujitsu America.
Highlights of the LifeBook T5010 include:
- NEW optional dual digitizer (active digitizer/capacitive touch) with two-finger support for gestures including zoom, rotate, and flicks; stylus support for inking, editing/annotating files
- Converts from tablet into a standard notebook with keyboard input using the industry's first bi-directional swivel hinge
- Weighs approximately 4.5 pounds in weight-saver configuration
- 13.3-inch mercury-free WXGA bright LED backlight LCD with wide viewing angles
- Modular bay, which supports an optical drive or optional second battery
- Optional mobile broadband support on select models (AT&T integrated broadband connect and Verizon Wireless mobile broadband built in)
- Enterprise manageability support with Intel active management technology
- Optional Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (free upgrade) and Vista Business (XP downgrade)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor technology
- Full-size, spill-resistant keyboard with touchpad
- Optional integrated webcam and (standard) dual digital microphones
- Full suite of security features: dedicated SmartCard slot, integrated fingerprint sensor, security panel, BIOS and hard drive password protection, embedded TPM 1.2, Computrace BIOS agent.
- Priced starting at $1,759 with an active digitizer and priced starting at $1,859 with a dual digitizer option. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook T5010 convertible tablet PC using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu website and select retailers/e-tailers.