Eurocom. You know the name. They're one of the most prominent gaming
notebook makers on the planet, and their machines are generally larger
and faster than anything else out. The company has just announced yet
another innovation, with the launch of RAID 10 notebooks that utilize
the quick 480GB OCZ
Vertex 2 SSD, a drive powered by the SandForce 1200
That Vertex 2 drive will soon be available in all Eurocom
Workstations and Mobile Servers, offering up to 250MB/sec on the read
side and 240MB/sec on the write side. The drive will be available in the
Panther 2.0, X8100 Leopard and three other major machines soon, and we
hope that this is just the beginning of using ultra-fast SSD units
within gaming notebooks. Trust us, we could all use the speed!
EUROCOM launches RAID 10 notebooks with superfast 480GB OCZ VERTEX2 SandForce-1200 Solid State Drives
Eurocom is announcing an addition to its already extensive list of multi vendor storage solutions with OCZ’s 480GB Vertex 2 SATA 300 2.5" MLC SSD drive, product code: OCZSSD2-2VTXE480G. The Vertex 2 drive will be available in all Eurocom Mobile Workstations and Mobile Servers to offer industry leading SSD performance and capacity.
1) About OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE480G
The OCZ Vertex 2 drive is based on new cutting edge architecture to push the limits in both sequential and read/write rates. With performance that outdoes the competition the Vertex 2 provides ideal quality, reliability and long lasting life needed by the most demanding users. The low power consumption of the drive makes it ideal for mobile use when the customer is relying solely on the battery; the drive only uses 2W while operating and .5W in standby. OCZ Vertex 2 also provides superior ECC protection, which mimics RAID like redundancy and recovery from flash block failures.
- Key Specifications
- 400-480GB Max Performance
- Max Read: up to 250MB/s
- Max Write: up to 240MB/s
- Sustained Write: up to 200MB/s
- Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 22,500 IOPS
- SATA 3Gb/s
- Native TRIM support
- RAID Support
2) About SANDFORCE-1200 CONTROLLER
A key technology of the OCZ Vertex 2 is the Sandforce 1200 Controller. Using the latest controller technology, Vertex 2 provides a faster, more responsive PC experience, while also offering a cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives.
SF-1200 SSD Processors provide up to 100x greater data protection than today's SSD, by using ECC and RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicone Elements). RAISE provides protection, speed and reliability without the write overhead.
- Random Read IOPS: 30,000 (@4K blocks)
- Random Write IOPS: 30,000 burst/10,000 sustained (@4K blocks)
- PCMark05: 40,000 (HDD test suite score)
- PCMark Vantage: 43,000 (HDD test suite score)
The addition of the high end Vertex 2 drive to the already long list of drive options gives Eurocom customers an even greater choice of drives to fit every budget and performance level.
3/ EUROCOM MOBILE WORKSTATIONS
Eurocoms Mobile Workstations are improved with the new Vertex 2 drive because they offer improved sequential and random read/write rates to take productivity to the next level.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are designed to meet the core principle of all Eurocom hardware. They are designed to be high performance, fully upgradeable and customizable machines with long term stability.
Specification highlights of Eurocom Mobile Workstations are Fully Upgradeable Intel i7, i7 Extreme and Xeon series processors.
Modular MXM 3.0b VGA Technology with support for NVIDIA SLI or ATI Crossfire.
Support for up to four physical storage drives with over 3TB of combined storage and choices between RAID 0/1/5/10. Triple Channel Memory Support with up to 24GB of memory.
- Upgradeable Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme or Xeon 5600 series; 6-cores; LGA1366; 32nm technology; 65W-130W
- Supports Intel's XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) and XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile)functions
- Upgradeable VGA: MXM 3.0b; supports both single or dual/SLI GPU operation; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M (Fermi); Quadro FX 2800M/FX 3800M
- Storage: up to 4 physical drives (mechanical or SSD); RAID 0/1/5/10; over 3TB of storage
a) models with 4 physical HDDs and RAID 0/1/5/10
- EUROCOM D900F Panther http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=202
- EUROCOM Panther 2.0 http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=214
- EUROCOM X8100 Leopard http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=212
b) models with 3 physical HDDs and RAID 0/1/5
- EUROCOM W870CU Cheetah http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=208
c) models with 2 physical drives
- EUROCOM Cougar http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=210
4/ MOBILE SERVERS
Eurocom Mobile servers can take advantage of the OCZ Vertex 2 for its large 480GB capacity and fast read write times. Eurocom Mobile Servers are designed for the professional user who must frequently travel, yet need access to powerful computing.
Eurocom Mobile Servers offer server-calibre capabilities with 3.25TB of storage with four physical SATA-300 hard drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, Intel XEON 5600 series processors running at up to 3.33GHz with 12MB of L2 cache and support for up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory.